• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

68 days and counting !!!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I head back to my beloved Panama on March 1st for 3 months . I can hardly wait . I am so looking forward to warm weather , Cuban Cigars , and Ron Abuelo Rum . Its hard to believe it has been almost 10 months since my last visit to my home there . Where does the time go ? This visit will be different from the past years . No more building as the house and grounds are finally finished .This is now are official home in the winter months . I would already be there if my shoulder was better .
We will be kicking into high gear a little Chicken raising and egg production operation to help offset the cost of ownership and to employee a few more local Indians . Until now all chicken has been frozen and came in from the Mainland to our island . I plan to raise about 300 chicks at a time , rotating every 6-8 weeks or so . This will be the first year we plan to spend 6 months in Panama spread out over the year . 3 months at a time .
Please ...if anyone gets toward Panama ,please stop by .:smile:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
The reason we're trying to get to Panama is to do exactly that.

Boomer we have a house full from March 20 to April 5th but we are wide open before or after those dates . Don't know how that works with your schedule . We will also be going back on about Sept 1st for 2 1/2 months and its open too . :smile:Hopfully i'll finally get that chance to meet the real BOOMER!!!

bill w

BigAl...it's been years since we took an actual vacation....not gonna happen till you get back from haiti....but would be more than proud to raise a toast with you....call it...anything we can do to help?...bill w

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
I'm jealous! Hope you have a great time when you get there!

Hey, what are you doing smoking anything, there are some health issues here!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
BigAl...it's been years since we took an actual vacation....not gonna happen till you get back from haiti....but would be more than proud to raise a toast with you....call it...anything we can do to help?...bill w

Thanks Bill! This is going to be a greatPleasure/work trip . I get to set up a Chicken farm on the island when we go down . They only get frozen chicken from the mainland Panama and this seems like a no brainer for a good local business .It will help generate money for the local enconomy and keep it local . Genaro ,the "Bugle Indian" I am putting in charge already has all the chickens he can raise sold ! We have some friends from Idaho who are coming down for a week at a time and they get to work on the project whether they know it or not:yum: ! The local guys i Hire will work 6 days a week , 8 hour days .I'll go easy on my guest or I may lose my free outside labor!:whistling: Now that the house is done we love to have friends come down . Nothing like sipping a drink on the covered deck and smoking a good Cuban Cigar in the evening. I sound like a old smoker ,but I only smoke a cigar about twice a week in Panama .

When I leave Panama on the 26th of May ,I pretty much plan to fly back into Florida on my return to the states and then head straight to Haiti while my wife flys on to California to handle the home front while I am gone . Once its safe for her she plans to join me in Haiti . I had planned to return to Panama on Sept 1st but this Haiti thing may change that now .
We plan to have Panama for Years and Years .I built it as a family getaway so its got lots of room . 5 bedrooms / 3 baths 7500 sq ft . We spend 99% of the time outside on the deck . I plan to eventually live there the majority of my time . We will spent summer in Idaho on the ranch and 6 - 7 months a year on the island .Hopefully we will get the California house sold this year .
I have some pictures in my album of where we are in Panama . Maybe some time you can visit . You have to like hot and humid or Panama is not fun .

Last edited: