• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

McCallin' All Cats 2017

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Trying to plan the itinerary from Boston out there and we have some travel time. Want to hit the epic events especially anything that may involve cats and skis/boards. Traveling with the track addict offspring(cats meow 5 yo veteran(ski pro) and debuting his 1 yo bro tomorrow happy bday J.Tucker) Mom support group as well.

Any details much appreciated!

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
TA..will you be flying or driving? That's is quite a haul to trailer a machine.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes and thanks. Looking forward to that ride and many others. Sno cat/snowcat people all great friends seem to be happy to take us in. Looking forward to it!

Greg364

SUPER Site Supporter
Rooms booked at the Best Western, bringing the wife and daughter, and the 443. Should be a great time.

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
What kind of registrations or permits will we need for the out of state 'Cats?

vintagebike

Permits

Idaho will require out of state cat permits. We are meeting with county and state officials to figure out how to best classify vintage Snow Cats. McCall Crew

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Permits

Idaho will require out of state cat permits. We are meeting with county and state officials to figure out how to best classify vintage Snow Cats. McCall Crew

I would think that if we are operating at the ski area, and the ski area is sponsoring the event that we would be part of the area operator's operation and no state/ county permits will be required. Most of us will not be operating in the state/ county other than this event.

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
Some states honor other states permits..is Idaho one of those?

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Your ST4 will definitely qualify! Usually qualified entrants are allowed a 'guest'. The Scout can come as a Guest.

vintagebike

Vintage and newer

It's McCallin' "All" Cats. All ages and makes. I hear Tucker Inc. may be bringing a very new one. We hope permits and fees , not much in any case, will be the same for whatever you can trailer in. Some of the smaller rigs, those under 2000 lbs dry and unloaded, qualify as snow mobiles in at least our part Idaho and may have a bit more access to the backcountry. More info about all that soon. So far the officials , and there are a lot of them, are very pleaded that we are coming and will do all they can to make everyone happy. McCall Crew

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was reading lots of Idaho rules yesterday and I think 1000lbs is the max for a snowmobile for travel on roads. it would be neat to operate them in town but I couldn't find anything on snowcats.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
I was reading lots of Idaho rules yesterday and I think 1000lbs is the max for a snowmobile for travel on roads. it would be neat to operate them in town but I couldn't find anything on snowcats.

wow, kinda like Greenfield Village, Henry Ford Museum, Michigan,

Jim VT, could you image a town, up in the Rockies/Sawtooths/Wasachs/Beartooths/etc, that only allowed Tucker Sno-Cats on the roads in Winter, no cars, no snow mobiles.:smile::smile::smile:

Last edited:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
wow, kinda like Greenfield Village, Henry Ford Museum, Michigan,

Jim VT, could you image a town, up in the Rockies/Sawtooths/Wasachs/Beartooths/etc, that only allowed Tucker Sno-Cats on the roads in Winter, no cars, no snow mobiles.:smile::smile::smile:

are you teasing me again?
that would be a fun place to visit. maybe show up with a snow trac
jim

Sno-Surfer

Was just taking a google flight around Mcall since I've never been there. Looks like an awesome place. I haven't booked yet but the dates are going to work out great for us.
I feel a chill in the air and the excitement of winter coming already. :w00t2:

Sno-Surfer

We are working on a Sunday Surprise that will have everyone wishing they had a snow cat. ������ McCall Crew

^^ please let there be snow on the roads so we can have a parade!!:clap:
Everyone loves a snow(sno) cat parade.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
how about some advertising and fill the town up??

the best advertising is word of mouth, tell and encourage your friends to bring their sno machine to McCallin' and join in a great event, one that you will not soon forget and wish you could do it all over again the next week.:clap::clap::clap:

by having it in McCall, Idaho... the hope is, folks from Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Montana, Nevada, Canada, California, Washington, Oregon, and ??? all could meet is a somewhat central location and sno cat............:clap::clap::clap:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
^^ please let there be snow on the roads so we can have a parade!!:clap:
Everyone loves a snow(sno) cat parade.

Every morning as we head out for that days great adventure, there will be a Parade of rigs and sno cats on trailers, can you image the sight of 50 plus rigs headed out, and this will happen for 4 days, so 4 parades of sno cats :clap::clap::clap:

ScottMX68

I'm thinking of making the trek from grass valley ca, and maybe a couple more cats. They have the bergondorf hot springs 20miles out that would be fun.

ScottMX68

Sorry I'm a sledder and travel up there. Have many sledder friends there too. Beautiful area. I will erase post if needed.
:hide:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
so glad you know the area and are interested in coming, spread the word and see you there, thank you!!! and yes, rumor has it, there will be a trip to the hot springs !!!

vintagebike

Another possibility for lodging

For those of us lucky enough to have an RV as a tow rig, a new host has been found. The McCall RV Resort will be open this winter. It's only a few minutes from downtown. They were just remodeled to an upscale, beautiful facility. The rates are very reasonable and even have about a dozen cozy cabins available for a little less than some of the other options. We are negotiating a slight discount if you don't already have one from AAA or another group. Load the link and then chose McCall. :wow: McCall Crew
WWW.G7RVRESORTS.Com

vintagebike

Just as a tease, the Friday night event/roundup/cruise starts only about 1/4 of a mile from the RV Resort. New moon that night- beautiful star shine. :beer: McCall Crew