• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Washington State - better secluded area for snowcat adventure

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The question is simple - place to go for a fun snowcat adventure (includes snowcamping / icefishing / snowcat riding (obviously)).

I'm looking to do a nice snowcat adventure film on the newly restored project (after I run it once for a good test to make sure all is set right way).

Few of the requirements:

Secluded (as least as possible of any other traffic)
Reasonable snowpack (over 2ft)
Frozen lake (icefishing)
Firewatch tower near by (if possible to make up to it on the cat for photo/videography)

I've been suggested by others to try Mt.Baker area...

p.s. I'm familiar with Oregon's laws (on where I can go on the cat), not sure on all the little details for Washington state.

p.s.s. if anyone is interested in joining for this trip - welcome to contact me for details.

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm in for a weekend adventure near Baker. Let me talk it over with Couch & Larson heck Cowboy Dave might even perk up....

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm in for a weekend adventure near Baker. Let me talk it over with Couch & Larson heck Cowboy Dave might even perk up....

Its in the making, I've not got all the details, but do have a local adventure buddy around Leavenworth as well, he is very familiar to the area and we will see how it goes.

My goal is to go out there only if we get at least 2ft snow storm (due to photography/video purposes), otherwise the drive time wont be worth it probably.

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, we might just organize another "group" outing, than!? LOL

I'll keep the thread posted/updated as the info comes in. Hoping sometime in March to catch a storm... otherwise will have to be next year!

p.s. anyone cares to try running up to the peak of Steens Mountains in SE Oregon???

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I am in the same boat as you. I never tested my 3 ft extension in snow over 14".
jim