• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

FLexTrac Nodwell Fn 15 hard at work in Jackson Hole

caldonia

Meanwhile, back at my office, the Nodwell is running like a bear. This is part of my daily run, grooming the sleigh track at Jackson Hole Vintage Adventures.

The homemade grooming tools work just fine. I add and subtract certain tools from this array as snow conditions change. Can lay down a nice track of corduroy when conditions are right.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 449

caldonia

Couldn't get two pictures to post. Here's the rack of tools that I drag for grooming. They are light enough to pick up one at a time by hand. Sticky snow piles up on the tire chains so I have to remove that section when packing wet snow. Good fun inventing tools.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 420

undy

The final tool does not roll. It is a 6" plastic drain pipe with a wooden post inside.
:wow::clap:

Excellent idea. I built a roller out of a 30" dia. culvert, but the "corduroy" is too big for skiing across. (It does work well to harvest drifting snow, however.)

This thing could be dragged behind, and would be ideal for laying down a usable surface, I expect.

caldonia

I have been looking around for a larger diameter plastic drain pipe. A 12" diameter piece will work better and I can put a heavier log in it as well. My goal is to continue making these tools out of junk that I can get for free. Sooner or later the next tool will show up.

caldonia

Added another "tool" to my drag. This works great when the snow is dry and hard. I'll bet a lot of you guys have drug bed springs around as a grooming tool. Works great as a frozen chunk rattler.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 261

undy

Man, you get points for creativity. I like it.

But watch out, or they'll start calling you Fred G. Sanford.

Attachments

• 3fred-g-sanford-cu.jpg
    3fred-g-sanford-cu.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 252

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Yes, as a matter of fact, we made a drag out of a bedspring for a gravel road. Worked great. Pulled it with an ATV.