• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

NAPA 30 wt TO-4 hydraulic fluid?

Jphoenix

SUPER Site Supporter
Closest fluid I can find for my diff is 5 gals of the NAPA brand TO-4, is this going to work ok in my SV200? Will 5 gals fill the diff housing?

Thanks.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Closest fluid I can find for my diff is 5 gals of the NAPA brand TO-4, is this going to work ok in my SV200? Will 5 gals fill the diff housing?

Thanks.

It will work, 5 gallons should just do it 4.75 gallons normally

Amsoil powershift is very good in 30 or 50 weight
Cat T-04 also works well in 30 or 50 weight

We have found the steering response slightly better with the amsoil

olympicorange

Is Cat the only place to buy Cat T-04 oil from?

….. there's lots of companies that make a ''compatible'' TO-4 oil, but CAT was the first to ''spec'' it out , in a broadband useage…. has great ''inhibitors'' to guard against pump wear...

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
….. there's lots of companies that make a ''compatible'' TO-4 oil, but CAT was the first to ''spec'' it out , in a broadband useage…. has great ''inhibitors'' to guard against pump wear...

Also, Both the Amsoil and the Cat fluids both have friction modifiers which, in the off brands I’m not sure.

It’s kind like beer, you know there’s beer,then there’s BEER! They are all beer but!
Some are just better beer:smile:Don’t me started on Snowcats!!!!

Dr. Zaugg

you can also use John Deere's HY-Tran tractor hydraulic and transmission fluid for the same reasons Brad mentioned. Use the best oil you can get and stay away from "off brand" oils. They will ultimately cost you.

Jphoenix

SUPER Site Supporter
Ordered a bucket of amsoil on Wednesday and it’s here today, that’s fast!