• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

JW70 carb

Buckgnarly

Anyone know a rebuild kit for a carb for a JW70 with the Chrysler 251? Been beating my head against a wall trying to find a rebuild kit for this damn thing, saw a hygard (IIRC) 101A would work, but no dice.
Also, anyone have the owners manual for this thing on PDF? I called someone in MN about it after reading on here, but never got an email back from him.

thanks! And yes, pics to follow....possibly burning and going off a cliff if I can't get part #s for it! :w00t2:

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Parts for the engine are usually available at Napa or other auto parts stores. Tell them you have a Dodge WM300 around the same year as your SW.
Rebuild kits and most other engine parts are also available from Vintage Power Wagons.
Someone on here might send you a pdf manual. You could try private messaging other SW owners.

Here is a rebuild kit listing from Vintage PW for the 251 engine.

Attachments

• 251carb rebuild.jpg
    251carb rebuild.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 432

Buckgnarly

Thanks for the reply, after tearing into it this weekend it seems that I need to find a rebuild kit for the Carter BB industrial. We got the kit for the non industrial version, biggest difference I can see is the two part float and the lack of rib on the outside of the carb cover.

Pic of the carb on the machine.....
Carb.jpg

Carb2.jpg

It started today, some weird timing issues (is the TDC mark on the crank pulley for cylinder #6 or 1?). Cylinder 6 was at TDC but spark was at 1 if that makes any sense. In any case, it runs but I need to get a rebuild kit especially a gasket for the carb to run right.

Bombi2.jpg

Seems I will also be making a side cover for the engine, as the left side one never came with it.

Bombi1.jpg

Dr. Zaugg

i just saw your pictures of your carb. I have a NEW one!!???
I have had it MANY years setting on the shelf but did not know what it fit. It has never had gas through it. I am positive it would require a kit to be functional after this many years.
A kit could be purchased from Treadwell Carburetor in Treadwell NY. Phone # 607-829-8321
paul

Buckgnarly

i just saw your pictures of your carb. I have a NEW one!!???
I have had it MANY years setting on the shelf but did not know what it fit. It has never had gas through it. I am positive it would require a kit to be functional after this many years.
A kit could be purchased from Treadwell Carburetor in Treadwell NY. Phone # 607-829-8321
paul

I may need a new throttle body for this one, would you be interested in selling all or part of it? Got any pics? Thanks!

Dr. Zaugg

I can send you pictures directly by e-mail but i have never attempeted to post any pictures. It appears to be exactly the same as yours,however, I would not even consider installing it without kiting it since it has been on the shelf for who knows how long. It is new though. I would sell it for $125.00. If you will send me your e-mail address I will certainly send you pictures right away. Mail to me at paul@zauggamerica.com
Thanks!