• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Yankee money

daedong

Today I went and got some US currency, I can't believe the physical difference compared to ours. It is bland, notes all the same size and gee you have to look twice to distinguish each domination. I can see me getting fleeced, I won't be able to get pissed carrying these notes. How often do you passed off the wrong note? Gawd at least we have money for idiots, each denomination is of different size and colour (and bright).

Sorry about spelling, I meant Yankee money.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Yanky money

Vin,
The coins are all different size but the notes are the same size. yes, you do have to look at the note but I never give the wrong one or get them mixed up.
You do have the option of using a debit card or credit card instead and then you can get by carrying a small amount of cash for little purchases.

edit to add:
I fixed the spelling in the title for you.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Vin,,

When your out drinking just be dang careful. It is hard to pull the right bill out when your tipsy :thumb:

I have never thought much about it. When I travel most places take American Money so I have never had to deal with other currencies.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
They've started to add colour to the money now. I got my first purple 5 dollar bill last week.

It took me a while to get used to all the money being the same colour. When the bills are different colours you can quickly assess how much money you have in your wallet by looking at the colours.

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
The currency in the US is changing. With the proliferation of idiots in the U.S., we dont have much choice.:whistling:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Coming from a country where the bank notes are color coded for idiots too, it took a little while to get used to American notes. I once left a $100 tip on the table for a cup of coffee. Luckily my wife noticed or that would have broken my little Scottish heart. The coffee wasn't that good.

As others have said, the worst time for handling money is when you've had a beer or two .... or three or four. But don't worry Vin, you'll probably find that regular American beer is weaker than you're used to so you tend to get waterlogged before you get a buzz. :yum:

daedong

Thanks Doc for changing the title.

We didn't get a lot of money because we will be carrying credit / debit cards.

We're already regretting not getting more though because the AU$ has just taken the greatest fall in over 15 years. Down from 98 cents US to 88 cents in about a week!

Cityboy

Banned
Will you be able to access your AUS bank here in the US? It's possible your bank could have an affilliate here. It's also a good idea to contact your credit and debit card issuers and tell them you will be in the U.S. if you have not already done so. That way they won't freak out and lock your account when they see you spending all that money getting pissed at all those stripper bars across the country-side.

daedong

Yeah I intend to contact the card people this week to let them know we will be in the US.

I have had occasions here where the card people have rung me while I have been on shopping sprees before.

...and gun shops.

What do you have pop guns in the US

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
Those numbers on each corner of our notes denote the value. If you will look at the numbers you won't get fleeced.

:poke:

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Those numbers on each corner of our notes denote the value. If you will look at the numbers you won't get fleeced.

:poke:

Like Murph said though....that's easy sober... I have a few beers in me now and I am glad I am on my couch.... :whistle:

Vin... Glad things seem to be going good so far aside from the $$ confusion. If it makes you feel better, I was as lost as you when I was in Sydney in 96. The wife and I look forward to seeing you next month!

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
I can see me getting fleeced, I won't be able to get pissed carrying these notes. How often do you passed off the wrong note? Gawd at least we have money for idiots, each denomination is of different size and colour (and bright).
Dang, Vin, you sound like Bob in Britain. "THEY DRIVE ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD!!! THEY USE TRAFFIC CIRCLES!!!!! DON'T THEY KNOW ANY BETTER???"

You have to understand the US is miles ahead of the rest of the world in every respect and this currency thing is just one of the ways we do things better.

Just ask anyone in the US who has never traveled abroad!