• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Toilets don't swirl clockwise in England

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This struck me right off. I noticed it our first day there. For those of us in the USA the toilet water swirls around the bowl in a circular pattern, spinning in every case I have ever seen, in a clockwise flow.

In England many toilets have a 2 button system. A smaller button to flush away urine, it releases a small amount of water into the bowl and does a pretty crappy job of clearing the water, leaving a very very very pale yellow tinted water in the bowl. Push the other button and there is a flush that will get rid of the Taco Bell's Grand Chalupa Value Meal, but not in the way we would think. While I did encounter different toilet designs in the UK, most seemed to flush with 1 wide stream water jet aimed toward the rear of the bowl to blast off 'poop' stuck on the back side of the bowl, while more water released from the rim area to flush away the rest of the poop deposited into the bowl.

But none of it "swirled" in a traditional spinning pattern. Just thought you'd all like to know. :ermm:

Hutchman

Site Supporter
I don't know how I lived this long without knowing that.
Can you get the Grand Chalupa Value Meal there?

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
Push the other button and there is a flush that will get rid of the Taco Bell's Grand Chalupa Value Meal, but not in the way we would think. :ermm:

I just can't explain to my kids why I just laughed out loud, so loudly.

American Woman

Site Supporter
Me either! So I read it to them. My 11 year old son and his 11 year old first cousin are laughing themselves into tears over here about the Taco Bell's Grand Chalupa Value Meal! This was better'an somebody farted :yum::yum:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Skurka ... you're wierd!!!!

Bob, I haven't thought about anything like that in a long time. Not since my playboy era when I spent a lot of time on my knees talking to God on the big white telephone. :puking: I do know however, that the British and American cistern systems are different. The British system works on a syphon action while the American cistern usually uses a flapper system. The British system is a lot more reliable and trouble free.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
The strangest thing about this entire thread is that....

...Sushi didn't create it and hasn't posted here yet! :confused:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You just can't get this kind of info anywhere else.:yum:

Simple proof that the mainstream media is trying to hide information from us! In fact I'm surprised "Geraldo" didn't do a special on this topic :blush:

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Why am I fascinated by this thread? Furthermore, why am I giving Bob reps for it?:blink:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Why am I fascinated by this thread? Furthermore, why am I giving Bob reps for it?:blink:

Probably because I deserve it for bringing up a topic that we all know and love :whistling:

Oh, but back to poop, while visiting the York Castle Museum they had a bathroom exhibit and showed a mocked up "outhouse" with you guessed it, poop visible through the hole! I'm serious!!! We also went to the Jorvik Viking Museum where they proudly displayed a fossilized human poop that they excavated from an archiological dig. I'M SERIOUS!!! :sad:

It appears to me that the Brits have a love of the topic?

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Bob, I knew your family were into history, but .............poop and which way the water goes when a loo is flushed............... strange hobbies some people have!!!