• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Have you ever smoked a Cuban Cigar ?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Not sure where to put this ????

When traveling abroad have you ever Smoked a Cuban Cigar ? Was it a Monte Cristo ? Do you consider it any better than other made cigars ?

In Panama we can buy Cuban Cigars . They cost about $2 a piece and less if you buy them by the box . I have not tried one as I have always been a non smoker but I am thinking its one of those things I want to try once in my life .

There is something about sipping a fine High Quality Rum or Brandy and having a good Monte Cristo cigar while relaxing in the evening that just sounds intriguing.

Many tourist buy them ,remove the brand labels and bring them back into the US . With my luck if I tried that the feds would catch me and throw away the key !

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
When we were in Switzerland we could get them there. I am not a smoker so I didn't get one but wanted to bring back a couple for a friend of mine. Was told to just put them deep in my suite case and I would be fine. If they found them they would just take them away and not do anything. I didn't like the idea and never did bring any back.

So now I can just vision this, Big Al, Hammock, sipping on some good Brandy, pushing keys on a laptop, watching babes, smoking cuban cigars, farting and laughing at all of us guys here on FF. Oh and did I say watching babes.

murph

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Yes I have. No, I didn't think it was any better than any others.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
So now I can just vision this, Big Al, Hammock, sipping on some good Brandy, pushing keys on a laptop, watching babes, smoking cuban cigars, farting and laughing at all of us guys here on FF. Oh and did I say watching babes.

Damn, that sounds mighty fine.

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
I have not tried one as I have always been a non smoker but I am thinking its one of those things I want to try once in my life .

There is something about sipping a fine High Quality Rum or Brandy and having a good Monte Cristo cigar while relaxing in the evening that just sounds intriguing.

I'd say definitely worth trying once; while not in nearly as exotic of location as you, I have. Far from a smoker of any sort, but once or twice a year someone will have a good cigar I "have to try." In my far from knowledgable opinion, the Cuban [can't remember the brand] was different, I thought good, but won't say better than others deemed good.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Allen, beware of fake Cuban cigars. Most of the cigars I've found in the Dominican and other parts of the Caribbean that claim to be Cubans are not actually Cubans. Not sure about the Cuban cigars in Panama, because I've not been there, but they may not be Cuban either. Its amazing how good the counterfeit cigars can be, the labels and boxes are very good counterfeits of the real thing. The binders and fillers are usually pretty good. Most fake Cubans still use long filler pretty good binders. Watch for wrapper elasiticity and veining those are apparent in the wrapper leaf.

cowgirl

Silver Member
Site Supporter
When i went to Jamacia, i bought about 20 cuban cigars for my friends. As long as you put them in your suit case your fine. All of my guy friends stated they were they best cigars they have ever tried.

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
Have tried them and brought a few back for some friends, just like any other in my opinion, I am not a cigar smoker, so this carries very little weight.

They did make me look like a movie star-

Like Lassie taking a dump.:yum: :yum: :yum:

Ironman

When traveling abroad have you ever Smoked a Cuban Cigar ? Was it a Monte Cristo ? Do you consider it any better than other made cigars ?
Nothing special about Cuban cigars imo. Last time i went to Cozumel I bought one for kicks, at The Green House, but when the girls approached me in the back part of the bar, I spent my money on other things. :boobies:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Yup. For a couple of years I worked in and out of Equatorial Guinea in West Africa. It was one of the poorest nations in Africa and that's saying something. The did have a grocery store/supermarket but when you went in all the shelves were empty except for Cuban cigars. It seems that they were the main part of a Cuban aid package sent to the country. You could buy them for $20 a box and you could have haggled them down but there really wasn't much point. They were good, really smoothe but you can get smoothe smoking cigars here just not for less than 50 cents each.

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
Ditto what Bob Skurka said. I have seen fake Cubans in the Dominican Republic and Iraq. Cubans are expensive where ever you go. I paid 2 dollars each for fake Cubans when I was in the Dominican. I brough a box home to a show a buddy of mine that knew his cigars. It took him a while to find a flaw in them. One particular box I brought home were Cohiba Esplenditos Siglo No V's. I had paid about $40 for that box. He examined the box, the inner wrapper, and silk ribbon tied around the cigars and couldn't find anything counterfeit other than the fact that he said that they were a type that was never exported. On a box of Romeo and Juliettas the cigars, bands, and box were perfect with the exception of the stamp on the bottom of the box. I think I remember him telling me that the stamp was supposed to be burnt into the box and not stamped with ink. Be careful.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
:blink: :sick:
Never smoked a Cuban cigar, but... I did smoke a Swisher Sweet once when I'd tried to stop smoking cigarettes (because it was the only thing in the house).
I inhaled it until it was down.
I puked.
I turned green.
The end.