• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

3 fatty's - w/finished pics

BamsBBQ

what is a fatty? no not the kind you a cough cough..lol

for those that dont know, it is a 1 lb chub of sausage such as jimmy dean or bob evans. it can be filled with various ingredients and wrapped in bacon. smoke them for a couple of hours and you have yummy,gooey goodness.

on the menu today .. 3 fatty's
1 italian turkey sausage with lots of garlic
s4ut94.jpg

rolled and ready for the freezer to firm up
174mqp.jpg

2 "pizza" fatties, green peppers,green onions,mozza cheese,salami and garlic.. no sauce inside, going to have it on the side when all cooked
jpx3jb.jpg

the ingredients inside
29p45cw.jpg

the 2nd - ingredients laid out a little differently
33vyptt.jpg

all rolled up and ready to firm up in the freezer.. cooking pics to follow in a couple of hours
245aiwl.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The green peppers ruined it for me. Maybe if you substitute red peppers? But not green peppers. That is the culinary equivalent of a thug and don't belong in food fit for humans!!!

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
The green peppers ruined it for me. Maybe if you substitute red peppers? But not green peppers. That is the culinary equivalent of a thug and don't belong in food fit for humans!!!

Maybe remove the green peppers and replace with mushrooms along with Red peppers......or more Bacon.

Great one that im gonna try...Thanks Bams.

BamsBBQ

thats the joys of these, you can make them however you want.. i have seen bacon,egg & cheese ones. greek style ones... basically anything that you like can be put into one. i also prefer red peppers but only had green ones on hand

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Green peppers are one of three of the cooking trinity, they are must ......... grow up and eat your green! ............... :whistling:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That first picture ruined it for me. That looks absolutely identical to my dog's puke.

I don't have any packaged sausage handy. Can it be made with ground beef (with maybe some egg in it to hold it together)?

BamsBBQ

That first picture ruined it for me. That looks absolutely identical to my dog's puke.

I don't have any packaged sausage handy. Can it be made with ground beef (with maybe some egg in it to hold it together)?

sure but then it becomes a smoked meatloaf...lol

and those are good as well..once you have a smoked meatloaf, you wont want it any other way..:w00t2:

i have used bulk sausage from my local butcher. the turkey sausage started out its life in links.

ml3jr7.jpg

ml1sf6.jpg

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
lots of green peppers are good: poblano, anaheim, jalapeno, serrano....

just not bell pepper...

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
lots of green peppers are good: poblano, anaheim, jalapeno, serrano....

just not bell pepper...

Ahhhh, real green peppers! :thumb:

But, as my wife doesn't like the tastier varieties of pepper [though orange and red bell are favorable with both of us] and I don't like brocolli, I will admit to eating green bells as sort of a compromise for stir frys etc.: .

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Gotta have the green peppers to make it come alive. Lots of onion too. I could do one of those for breakfast with my "eggs in a box" omelet. Seriously I do put up about 30-40lbs. of green peppers in the freezer every year. Just put 45 lbs. of smoked link sausage in the freezer also. I love smoked meats as does the wife.

BamsBBQ

Gotta have the green peppers to make it come alive. Lots of onion too. I could do one of those for breakfast with my "eggs in a box" omelet. Seriously I do put up about 30-40lbs. of green peppers in the freezer every year. Just put 45 lbs. of smoked link sausage in the freezer also. I love smoked meats as does the wife.

bacon,egg & cheese fatty

21dh5wm.jpg

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
First thought: that looks just like a hog's mouth half open and full of slop.

Second though: looks delicious!