• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

From the Department of Redundancy Department.

Bannedjoe

It's been so hot lately, I broke down and bought a new window AC unit.
I need it for those days when it just gets extremely hot.

I really am convinced the entire world is just one big retarded joke.

Page 17 of the manual:

Attachments

• IMG_2517.JPG
    IMG_2517.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 73

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
If the thermostat is turned all the way up ie:the coldest setting, the compressor will never cycle. If it isn't keeping the room cool enough it isn't big enough. If you live where I think you do a big swamp cooler will work wonderfully for your whole house.

Bannedjoe

If the thermostat is turned all the way up ie:the coldest setting, the compressor will never cycle. If it isn't keeping the room cool enough it isn't big enough. If you live where I think you do a big swamp cooler will work wonderfully for your whole house.

I've done my time with swamp coolers, commercial and home models.
If the conditions are absolutely perfect, they do work.
I've found that to be about 2 days in the spring and maybe 2 in the fall.

If there's any humidity whatsoever, all they do is add more moisture to the air.

Then there's all the other things....
Pumps, motors, pads, floats, belts, squeeks, leaks, plugged lines, and the absolute worst thing for a swamp cooler; that our area has plenty of, hard water.

I found swamp coolers to be about the biggest pain in the ass there is.

This window unit will work for now.
It's takes some of the edge off, and that's all we really need at times.

But the whole thing about the unit may shut down if it's too hot out is a bit much, because of course, that's when I'll be wanting it most.