• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

ILL Gov signs Internet Tax Bill ~ Businesses moving to INDIANA

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sweet deal for Indiana, which is one of the fastest job creating states in the nation right now.

The idiot in chief of Illinois doesn't even understand recent history. He signed an internet tax bill into law and didn't think businesses would leave to avoid the tax, like they've done in virtually every other state that's implemented a similar tax. Oh, well. At least my state will benefit from his idiocy, (and that of the legislators who crafted this travesty). In fact my area of Indiana stands to gain the most because we are the largest population center that borders Illinois so we've got the workers available and the access to the Chicago airports, Chicago media, Chicago transportation hubs for trucking & trains, etc.

Way to drive business away, numbskull. Hopefully our legislators will take note and avoid this kind of lunacy. Oh wait, the Indiana legislators have already made the state more friendly to businesses, that is why we have one of the fastest growing state economies :flowers:

CouponCabin.com Comments on Gov. Quinn Signing Internet Tax Bill -- CHICAGO, March 10, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --

Illinois Governor Signs Amazon Internet Sales Tax Law - Janet Novack - Taxing Matters - Forbes

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
We're not that far away either. Lotsa empty buildings in Benton Harbor that can be had for a song.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Seems to me I just read an article about the loss New York had when it implemented a big tax increase.