• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Up and coming homeless crisis?

Bannedjoe

Apparently rent forgiveness is running out.
Extended unemployment probably won't last much longer either.
I see no promises of more .gov checks in the works.

I'm having a little conversation with someone who appears to me a mindless millennial elsewhere.
He believes he shouldn't have to pay rent, because this thing isn't his fault.
I believe it's not the landlords fault either, but he has bills to pay, and maintenance to tend to.
He says screw landlords, they shouldn't even be a thing.
I told him without landlords, he wouldn't have any place to live.

Herein lies part of the problem with today's millennials: The inability to think past the end of their nose, and look down the road a ways.

If people aren't paying rent, eventually there will be landlords who fall behind in their mortgages, and end up with their properties in foreclosure.

Either the tenants will need to be kicked out and replaced with tenants who can pay, or the banks will take over (and or sell the properties), and kick the tenants out for the same reason.

Of course they way thinking is trending these days, people will move back into the vacated buildings, squat, trash the places, and turn them into worthless hovels.

Everything needs to open back up, people need to get back to work.
Some will get sick with the virus, others will die.
If we don't get the ball rolling again, people will still get sick and die, but even more will die without a place to live, or fighting to find one.

Of course there isn't enough of anyone to kick all these people out, so they'll probably just stay in their rentals against any eviction processes.

This could just get ugly as hell.