• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

NAFTA and TPP

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm hoping for a better understanding of both NAFTA and TPP. I vaguely remember when Clinton enacted NAFTA and there was plenty of worry about our jobs. At that time Clinton said the US would move to more 'service' jobs rather than factory jobs.

As you all know .... I'm far from a political genius ....(don't laugh to hard), but these treaties did not seem like a good idea to me. Why in the hell were they passed? How could all the folks in DC go for something that would have such an impact on jobs in the US. Were they trying to build up Mexico and Canada at the cost of US jobs? Was our cost of doing business more competitive then so that the picture looked different?

Please help me understand what the heck Clinton and gang were trying to accomplish with this treaty, and what Obama was trying to do with TPP? To me it all seems so negative to the US that only a traitor would vote for them. What does the US get out of these treaties ... is there a plus?

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
when I was inn the steelworker union we were asked to campaign to stop nafta from ever happening.
now steelworkers union supported Clinton after trump won they sent a letter saying no support on some of his policies.
interesting letter but I would like to see the original.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
To me it all seems so negative to the US that only a traitor would vote for them. What does the US get out of these treaties ... is there a plus?
Doc - you're right, they're traitors.

But they're looking at New World Order shit. It's to raise other countries by bring the USA down to level out the whole world.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
when I was inn the steelworker union we were asked to campaign to stop nafta from ever happening.
now steelworkers union supported Clinton after trump won they sent a letter saying no support on some of his policies.
interesting letter but I would like to see the original.

The union always tried to tell me how to vote. Rarely, if ever, did I do so.

The IBEW told us they were against NAFTA and for Clinton. Told me right then and there that I knew a lot more about politics then these morons did. Safe to say I voted accordingly.

Bamby

Most of what I've read about it comes down to this:

Imagine this fantasy. In Indiana, all citizens are under the gun. They must work in factories where the wage is 20 cents an hour. There are no unions. When unions start to form, the leaders are arrested or killed. Employers and the state government provide unsanitary crowded dormitories for worker housing. No citizen of Indiana can leave the state legally without a special passport.

In Delaware, citizens can come and go. Through collective bargaining and other measures, the average wage for a factory worker is $27 an hour. The worker lives in his own home.

There is a shoe-manufacturing company in Indiana, and also in Delaware.

The Delaware state government suddenly passes a law saying that importers can buy shoes from the company in Indiana and bring them into Delaware for sale. There will be no import tariffs of any kind.

The citizens of Delaware protest. They point out that this law will kill the shoe company in Delaware. Their state government tells them; the law is the law.

And this whole Indiana-Delaware arrangement is mislabeled free-market capitalism or free trade.

It's a market, but it isn't free. The workers carrying the load in Indiana are under the gun. Nowhere in their state can they earn more than a few cents an hour.

This isn't capitalism. It's Globalism.

Capitalism doesn't work when the two partners live in areas where the working conditions are vastly different.

It never did.

This the reason treaties like GATT and NAFTA and CAFTA and the upcoming TPP have been launched: mega-corporations want to roam free. They want to be able to inject money into any entity in the world and suddenly remove it at will. They certainly want to be able to ship goods from one nation to another without paying tariffs, which otherwise would cost them an extraordinary amount of money. For these corporations, nations don't really exist anymore—they are convenient fictions. These corporations don't want any restrictions on their plundering of the Global Village.

On the mega-corporate front, this plan for world control remains the Rockefeller template. "Free trade." The plan was advanced, ceaselessly, for 40 years until, on January 1, 1995, the World Trade Organization was fully formed and took charge of the criminal rules of global commerce: the crowning moment.

However, back in the early 1970s, the whole operation had been "infected." One man, a crook, a President, a liar, an insecure parody of a head of state, Richard Nixon, went off script. He REALLY went off script.

In an effort to bolster US companies and protect them from foreign competition, Nixon (on Aug 15, 1971) began erecting tariffs on a range of goods imported into the US (and took American money off the gold standard).

If this Nixon economic plan spread to other countries, the entire Globalist program to install "free trade" and mega-corporate emperors on their thrones for a thousand years could crash and burn.

Nixon was a David Rockefeller man. He was owned by them. He'd been rescued from financial ruin by The Family, and now he was in the White House undermining their greatest dream. You can't overstate the degree of the betrayal, from the Rockefeller point of view. You simply can't.

Something had to be done. The president had to go. This was a true motivation behind Watergate. Yes, there were sub-motives and smaller contexts, as in any major op, but a prime mover was: get Free Trade back on track, and get suitable revenge on the puppet in the White House who went off-script.

The man behind the curtain was David Rockefeller.

After the whole Watergate scandal had been exposed and Nixon had flown away, in disgrace, from the White House for the last time, Rockefeller addressed a meeting of the Chamber of Commerce of the European Community (October, 1975).

He was there to allay their fears about Nixon's betrayal of the new economic world order. There was really very little he needed to say. David had already created (1973) the Globalist Trilateral Commission. And a new puppet, Gerald Ford was in the White House, and Ford had appointed David's brother, Nelson Rockefeller, as his vice president.

David told the European attendees, "Fortunately, there are no signs that these anti-[free] trade measures [of Nixon] are supported by the [Ford] Administration."

And that was that. The global mega-corporate colossus was back on track.

The temporary rip in the Matrix had been repaired.

The innocuous-sounding "free trade" policy is the number-one priority of every American president. He must do two things: rarely speak of it, and allow it to move forward. That's all. In return, he gets to act as if he's the most powerful man in the world.

But if he wobbles and considers taking up a position against free trade (corporate domination of the planet), he can look back and see what happened to Richard Nixon. He can learn from that example.

He can recall the famous words of Zbiggie Brzezinski, co-founder of the Trilateral Commission and David Rockefeller's intellectual flunkey: "The nation state as a fundamental unit of man's organized life has ceased to be the principal creative force: International banks and multinational corporations are acting and planning in terms that are far in advance of the political concepts of the nation-state."

Yes, and that planning includes every possible advantage for mega-corporations in a borderless world.

Bamby

Here's another.....

The Transatlantic and Transpacific Trade and Investment Partnerships have nothing to do with free trade. "Free trade" is used as a disguise to hide the power these agreements give to corporations to use law suits to overturn sovereign laws of nations that regulate pollution, food safety, GMOs, and minimum wages.

The first thing to understand is that these so-called "partnerships" are not laws written by Congress. The US Constitution gives Congress the authority to legislate, but these laws are being written without the participation of Congress. The laws are being written by corporations solely in the interest of their power and profit. The office of US Trade Representative was created in order to permit corporations to write law that serves only their interests. This fraud on the Constitution and the people is covered up by calling trade laws "treaties."

Indeed, Congress is not even permitted to know what is in the laws and is limited to the ability to accept or refuse what is handed to Congress for a vote. Normally, Congress accepts, because "so much work has been done" and "free trade will benefit us all."

The presstitutes have diverted attention from the content of the laws to "fast track." When Congress votes "fast track," it means Congress accepts that corporations can write the trade laws without the participation of Congress. Even criticisms of the "partnerships" are a smoke screen. Countries accused of slave labor could be excluded but won't be. Super patriots complain that US sovereignty is violated by "foreign interests," but US sovereignty is violated by US corporations. Others claim yet more US jobs will be offshored. In actual fact, the "partnerships" are unnecessary to advance the loss of American jobs as there is nothing that inhibits jobs offshoring now.

What the "partnerships" do is to make private corporations immune to the laws of sovereign countries on the grounds that laws of countries adversely impact corporate profits and constitute "restraint of trade."

For example, under the Transatlantic Partnership, French laws against GMOs would be overturned as "restraints on trade" by law suits filed by Monsanto.

Countries that require testing of imported food, such as pork for trichnosis, and fumigation would be subject to lawsuits from corporations, because these regulations increase the cost of imports.

Countries that do not provide monopoly protection for brand name pharmaceuticals and chemical products, and allow generics in their place, can be sued for damages by corporations.

Obama himself has no input into the process. Here is what is going on: The Trade Representative is a corporate stooge. He serves the private corporations and will go on to a million dollar annual salary. The corporations have bribed the political leaders in every country to sign away their sovereignty and the general welfare of their people to private corporations. Corporations have paid US senators large sums for transferring Congress' law-making powers to corporations. http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/may/27/corporations-paid-us-senators-fast-track-tpp When these "partnerships" pass, no country that signed will have any legislative authority to legislate or enforce any law that any corporation regards as inimical to its bottom line.

Yes, the great promiser of change is bringing change. He is turning Asia, Europe, and the US over to rule by the corporations.

Only those who have sold their integrity for money sign these agreements. Apparently Merkel, a Washington vassal, is one of them. http://sputniknews.com/politics/20150530/1022740004.html

According to news reports, both of France's main political parties have sold out to the corporations, but not Marine Le Pen's National Front Party. In the last EU elections, the dissident parties, such as Le Pen and Farage's, prevailed over the traditional parties, but the dissidents are yet to prevail in their own countries.

Marine Le Pen objects to the secrecy of the agreements that establishes corporate rule. As Europe's only leader, she speaks:
"It is vital that the French people know about TTIP's content and its motivations in order to be able to fight it. Because our fellow countrymen must have the choice of their future, because they should impose a model for society that suits them, and not one forced by multinational companies eager for profits, Brussels technocrats bought by the lobbies, and politicians from the UMP [party of former president Nicolas Sarkozy] who are subservient to these technocrats."
It is vital that the American public also know, but not even Congress is permitted to know.

How does it work, this "freedom and democracy" that we Americans allegedly have, when neither the people nor their elected representatives are permitted to participate in the making of laws that enable private corporations to negate the law-making functions of governments and place corporate profit above the general welfare?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
:eek: I truly do not understand how we the citizens allowed NAFTA and TPP without huge protests. It is like raping the American worker and we all continue along fat dumb and happy. :pat:

Bamby

Doc in reality it is really quite simple... They own us. And every damn dollar that the government borrows and spends is just more sweat equity that will be somehow extracted from our hides...