• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Welcome......

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Welcome to Junkman's Corner, where everything goes as long as you are civil. Thanks for visiting and have a great time...... Junk.... ;)

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Junk,
Glad to see you in here. I think we're ready to rock and roll.

For all,
This is a brand new forum, run by a new administrator. I'll be tweaking things one at a time, please be patient as we get things up and running.

doc

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK Junk,

I'm in.

Disregard my PM about not being able to post. I hadn't completed the registration based on the e-mail I received.

Brian

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey bczoom (Brian)
Welcome to our little forum. They deleted my post on TBN. Not sure why, since I've posted plenty of other links to sites that cover topics not covered on TBN.
Welcome to forumsforums.
doc (aka Moon on TBN)

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for the welcome.

Who knows what the reasoning is for a lot of the posts/threads getting deleted recently.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Muhammad replied and explained that it is against forum rules to solicit members ....which my post was indeed doing. Especially since I'm running this one. I've requested a link exchange from Muhammad, but no reply yet.
We'll get the word out there one way or the other.

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Hey guys; :cool: So what are these forums going to be all about?? Tractors, trolls, eggrolls? I must admit, I really didn't read everything, just signed up anyway. I figured if you guys were starting something, I'd like to help make a go of it too. Hope no one cares, but I emailed Mith about this, he may be a Brit, but he's harmless. Plus he's got a twisted sense of humour. :eek: ;)

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
John,

No idea what we're doing here. :confused: I'm sure we'll think of something.

I see you carried your tag line over here. Since it's a general forum, should you add the color of your house? :rolleyes:

Brian

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Hello all,
Great idea ya'll got going on here, thanks

Now John, you almost imply in your post that most Brits arent harmless, I assure you the further north you go the less harmless they get. And on the other side of that wall, well, its just plain unsafe.

Thanks all
Jim

Moon

Administrator
GReat!
Welcome to the forum Johnday and Mith ...and all you other TBN folks who took the time to join. Thanks.
...now that feels better. I'm doc when i'm whereing the admin hat, but seeing my ole' TBN buddies here, I needed to be Moon.

Looking forward to some very OPEN discussions.

Moon

Last edited:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Mith, glad you could join us!!

Moon - phew... glad you changed your handle for general conversations. Easier to remember "moon of ohio".

Brian

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Brian, how could I possibly resist ;)
I mean with further opportunities to poke at John I could never let the opportunity pass me by
Thanks for the forum

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mith said:
I mean with further opportunities to poke at John I could never let the opportunity pass me by

Me too. Did you see the pic of him as a troll? He had a guy with a yellow hat with him. :D

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Absolutely, just aswell he isnt wearing a kilt, thatd be a sure way to get a post deleted, ugh, it hurts just thinkin about it :(

Ron, I'd watch out, he might set his troll on you.

John, whats the trolls name? How about Whitey? :D :D

Have a good weekend :)

BoneheadNW

Hey-

Some British guy told me there is some debauchery (I had to look that one up in the dictionary) going on here. :eek: :eek: So this is where the new action is. Well hey hey, count me in! Give me some time to get used to a different format.

Bonehead

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Alright guys, keep it up and I'll show all of ya what a man of the Scots wears under a kilt. :p :D Hey Mith, know what else I found out about the wall? It's a little known fact that the wall was also built to keep from embarrasing the Brits to their women whenever the wind uplifted a kilt. :eek: Are you guys still that sensitive about your manliness? :p

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Bonehead,
It's hard to tell from your post which reply you used.
But, quickreply is the grayed out box at the bottom of every forum page. If you click the quckreply icon in anyones repy (at the bottom right hand corner of each reply), it will jump you directly into the quick reply box. The nice thing about quick reply is that you can page up and refer all the replies on that page while your posting. The regular reply button jumps you to a reply only page where you can't see the posts, but you have more options such as attachments and the option to subscribe to get email when the thread is updated.
Clear as mud? try em out is the easiest way to see which you prefer.

doc (aka moon of ohio)

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
No, no John, yer allright, we'll try to shut the image from our minds now..... :eek:
Im still convinced that the wall was a built as a windbreak, but thats very thoughtful of you to build it to protect our women from being scarred for life. ;)
Oh and my house is orange, except the nights that I do something wrong, then my house is green and looks like a shed :D

Bonehead, glad to see you made it ;)

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Wanders into the forum with drink in one hand and his invitation in the other.....who's checking ID in this place?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bonehead,

Welcome!!

Mith/John,

johnday said:
Alright guys, keep it up and I'll show all of ya what a man of the Scots wears under a kilt.
I've kept out of the Scot's jokes and such so I don't become part of the fray but do feel I'm qualified to run with this pack.
I come from a Scottish heritige and a descendant of Deacon William Brodie. (That's the guy that was the inspiration for Robert Lewis Stephenson's book Dr. Jekyl & Mr. Hyde). Here's a pic of his castle (near Inverness). http://www.castles.org/Chatelaine/BRODIE.HTM

Brian

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Brian, looks like well have to get another Brit here to equal up the sides a bit :D

One question, on the bit down the bottom on the main page where it says who is online next to johnday's name there is a little + sign, whats that all about? and what are the little lighs next to our names when we post. Green and grey ones.
Thanks

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mith said:
Brian, looks like well have to get another Brit here to equal up the sides a bit :D

One question, on the bit down the bottom on the main page where it says who is online next to johnday's name there is a little + sign, whats that all about? and what are the little lighs next to our names when we post. Green and grey ones.
Thanks

Mith,

I try to stay neutral because the other 1/2 of my heritige is English.
I don't see any "+" next to any names. Did you add John to your "buddy list"? That's the only thing I can think of.
The colors next to our name say whether we're online at the moment. Green = yes, grey = no.

Brian

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mith,
I found it.
+ User is on your buddy list

Doc,

What's the setting for being able to edit posts? I wanted to edit my previous post but couldn't.

Brian

BoneheadNW

Here I am back online after sleeping in until 7:08. It was kind of strange waking up and having it be light outside.

DaveNay- What are you drinking there? I think I"ll head over to the bar and get one of my own. While I'm there can I get anyone else something? Oh, by the way, I brought the Ferrari with me today. (Bonehead is awakened from his daydream by wife calling from the kitchen.)

By the by, Junkman- I never got to thank you for the link to the red trucks only web site. My 3 year old firefighter to be insists on watching one of those videos everytime he is in my office. Actually, he knows his way around the internet better than my mother-in-law (jokes to follow later) so he sometimes will just come in here and watch them himself. It is a great site. For those of you who are interested I"ll try posting the link here:http://www.onlyredtrucks.com/pages/4/index.htm

Pardon me, the alarm on my Ferrari is sounding.............

Bonehead

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bczoom,
There is a short time period to edit posts. I think it's 5 or 10 mins. If this seems too short I'll look into changing. it. Open to suggestions.

Also,
I set a setting within admin that says there is an indicator as to which posts you have posted in. I thought the red dot johnday mentioned might have been it, but i have not figured it out either. I'm new to the VB stuff but we'll get it figured out slow but sure.
I'll consider addtional setting for new options as long as they don't hinder performance.
Sure glad too see all you guys over here.