• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A Snow Cat Tour

mannix

This is Vail ski area's "restaurant cat." I don't know if that's what they actually call it, but I'd asked what they use it for, and I guess it is simply cheaper to have one gigantic dump truck of a cat to bring supplies to the on-mountain facilities vs multiple trips.

The pics don't do justice to how wide it is. It struck me as notably wider than their typical groomer cats, but maybe that's just the giant box. I don't think so, though, there were plenty of normal ski area cats in the lot, and that thing.

It is huge.

20220409_140451.jpg
20220409_140136.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
My new office with a view. This is a ddifferent machine than the one I shared yesterday. Our snowmobile club has two husky's. The one at the shop was finally delivered after an overhaul. It has a brand new set of tracks and sprockets. New idlers. Some new hoses etc. We were outfitting it with all the required equipment needed to safely go out grooming for 10+ hours away from radio and cell phone signal. Each unit is equipped with a portable satellite tracker where someone is watching at home throughout the day and can see if we're moving or not. As soon as the signal stops moving for any length of time, they know to send a message. If there's no response then they come looking for us.

Attachments

• 20230120_120525.jpg
    20230120_120525.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 52
Last edited: