• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow trac tires

akimp

redsqwrl please post name and contact of your trelleborg dealer and price if you find out more info. I would like the 3.00-4 6 ply because that is whats on my Snow Trac's. I did get 3 new ones with the purchase of my first Snow Trac but my second machine needs about 4 of them and was going to buy the aircraft tail wheel to replace them at $54 dollars a piece. Thanks again.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Im pretty sure the original tires were 4.00-4. the trelleborg web site put them at 11.8" tall.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
redsqwrl please post name and contact of your trelleborg dealer and price if you find out more info. I would like the 3.00-4 6 ply because that is whats on my Snow Trac's. I did get 3 new ones with the purchase of my first Snow Trac but my second machine needs about 4 of them and was going to buy the aircraft tail wheel to replace them at $54 dollars a piece. Thanks again.

I purchased some 8 ply aircraft tail wheels and they are very nice

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes the aero 8plys are very nice.

I inherited one with the snow master I had. I was wondering if the rounded shoulderless design will lead to broken grousers on the two banders.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I have hard rubber solid wheels I do occasionally get a broken grouser, but that is usually from hard uneven ground both frozen and rocky river beds I wouldn't sweat it

akimp

Where did you purchase your solid tires? All the numbers on my solids are worn off. Thanks

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
I have never been able to find a source for the tires but just about every one out here has them on several positions if not all positions. I think it was some kind of special run for can tel that the dealers up here got in on. some of mine are grooved or chunked pretty bad but they seem to work well even all torn up from years of use

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Called on the T522 3.00-4 on the trelleborg site....

the stocking distributor in Green bay WI is still waiting on a reply......

Fun Fun.

Anyone have an opinion about the 3.00 if they materialize. to narrow? too short?

jask

I will throw in... Too short.
I have info on the Trelleborg-Rota industrial tires , they seem to be far easier to buy in Europe but are going to be expensive to ship at about 15 LBS each. Continental has a Super elastic as well that has very similar specs... but is only a part # in North American catalogues... The loading of the boggies is designed for tires of OEM size I would worry about overloading the rear wheel or plowing in the front end if you use the smaller wheel.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
makes sense. going to continue on the Aircraft tire route.

I considered moving the mounting holes down the 3/4 of an inch. figured i could use the extra room to add the angle iron bracing that the later models have.

the mix of wheels on this machine seems to cause some of the problems.

Mike

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I always run my smallest boggie tire on top. I prefer good clearance between the track and runningboard. I broke threw some ice one time and the snow stuck on my frozen grousers it packed that spot full and had to stop for some chipping.
jim

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here is what I know.

Trelleborg is one slow moving slow to respond company.

4:00 - 4 tires in various manufactures are available.

a 6 ply tire can be had for $15.00 overstock tires dot com
a 8 ply can be had for $56.00 desser dot com

there is about a 1/4 difference between them. both are tubed. both are at 50# of air pressure.

I'm going to run the 6 plys in twelve locations and put the 8 plys in the Brass position... the 8 plys will be tubed and foam/poly filled.

Attachments

• 100_8074 (Small).JPG
    100_8074 (Small).JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 355
  • 100_8075 (Small).JPG
    100_8075 (Small).JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 358

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
this is what I bought last year to install on the front boggie. as you can see the solid tire mounted fine on the wheel but never made it on the snow trac.
DSC00691.jpg

DSC00690.jpg

jim

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
Jim where did you get those tires mine are starting to look pretty crappy it would be nice to replace them with new solids.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Jim where did you get those tires mine are starting to look pretty crappy it would be nice to replace them with new solids.

ebay
mounting them took some time. I ground the excess rubber off the inside seam of the solid tire some with a file and mounted it with the rubber warm.

jask

The overstock tires .com items were Cheng shin 6ply 4.00-4, a much lighter tire than the aero or trelleborg tires.... but a great price even with the inner tube

Last time I checked they were not showing them anymore- but they are on this site for around 85$ for a set of 4 :
http://specialtytirestore.com/400-4tirer.htm

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ok Bill from Pomps tire called me back today. Trelleborg does make and distribute a T522 300-4 6 ply.

The US market wont see any for 9 months (today is 11/14/2014)

He does have T522 in 300-4 in a 4 ply.

must be a shipping or container volume situation.....

really appreciate the fact that he stayed after them and came back with a phone call.!