• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

General Motors is becoming China Motors

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvl5Gan69Wo"]General Motors is becoming China Motors - YouTube[/ame]

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Back in the mid 80's in colledge I bought one of the first S 10 blazers around these parts, I ordered it sight unseen...

Really liked the truck till it hit 50K and the rear main oil seal went south. When it was torn down they found a cam lobe worn off as well. GM wouldn't stand a dime of the repairs even though it was just a few hundred miles over the warranty period. Eventually a class action suit was filed over this engine as well. I told the GM block man he was going to loose a customer for a very long time, perhaps life over this. It meant nothing to him, and I kept my promise to him. Friends don't let friends buy GM products.....I traded it for a Ford Thunderbird Turbo Coupe, and couldn't have been happier.

And now this balck eye for GM....To bad they were once a great company. A long time ago...

Regards, Kirk

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The Bailout of GM was convenient for the President towin votes. But all it did was postpone the inevitable. The bones of GM should have been consumed by it's competitors, and China, years ago.

The US government now owns a considerable amount of GM stock. It owes China like six trillion dollars. One wonders if Barry will just make a deal.

Would it help him or hurt him to do so? Or, wouldit even matter?:whistling:

No worries though. Five astrologers have declared he will be re-elected this fall.

Kane

This issue was posted last week with the emphasis that 70% of GM's automobiles - 7 out of 10 - were produced overseas.

Where oh where is Romney on this issue? Obama brags every day about saving GM. But the truth of the matter is that the bailouts, using mega-billions of American taxpayer dollars, benefited China ... not the good 'ol U S of A.

General Motors - using the Great American Bailout - has now bent like a whore to China, revealing our technology, outsourcing our jobs and selling our cars to the Chinese politically elite.

What a deal, Barack Hussein Obama.

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
it might be more realistic to say 70% of all parts and electronics in a GM vehicle are made overseas or by foreign company's.:whistling:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
it might be more realistic to say 70% of all parts and electronics in a GM vehicle are made overseas or by foreign company's.:whistling:

That makes me feel a whole lot better.

China, Vietnam, India, Poland, France,,,,Who Gives a shit?,,,,outsourcing by our Govenment Motors, a company we supposedly "saved" with tax dollars, is still outsourcing.

I don't really have an issue with that until I hear Fearless Fosdick use such outsourcing to vilitfiy his opponent in the coming elections.

Yo, Mr. Presidente' Extroidinaire,,,,,Either ying it or yang it