• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snowtrac transport

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I have bought new transport for the snowtrac. Previously I had trailered it behind my Landrover Discovery, but it suddenly occured to me that at shows I would have to pitch a tent for overnight accommodation and a two person tent with a large dog is not a lot of fun. It is now named, by friends the Norsebox. I thought you might like to see it. I intend to carry the snowtrac in the back and convert the middle section to living accommodation - well it keeps me out of mischief!

Attachments

• Norsebox 2.jpg
    Norsebox 2.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 393
  • Norsebox rear.jpg
    Norsebox rear.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 397

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Funny, I figured you would have bought a military vehicle to do the transport, but it sure looks like it would do the job, and the ramp back will make it very easy too!

I used to run one of the largest fleets of Iveco trucks in the US . . . then they pulled out of the USA. I liked the trucks but they were not quite heavy duty enough. We found that the ratings were somewhat optimistic and spent a lot of money on repairs, but they did offer some excellent fuel mileage. The drivers really liked them, and I have to admit that the ones I drove were great to drive and easier to manuver than the trucks we now operate.

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
As for military transport, I figured I had enough of that! Just showing my old age and wanting things easier - pity it is green though - my least favourite colour! Perhaps in due course it will be blue. Will be using the Landrover tomorrow to collect the snow trac which has been to have a new exhaust fitted. Have driven an old Fiat, but never an Iveco, but it only has six gears, so perhaps I can manage that, I always seem to be looking for another gear in the landrover ( 5 gears!)

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
That should be good for your purpose.

Is it a horse transport van ???

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Ice, what shows you planning on doing this year if any?
I'm gunna have alot of time off this summer so I'm thinking about travelling and seeing the shows

Hey, bet you could fit a Fergie in that truck :D :yum:

Pixie, no meaning to steal Ice's wind, but I'm fairly sure its a horse truck

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Yes it was a horse box and now is a Norse box! It used to carry 3 shire horses, and those sections in the back were darn heavy, I managed to move two on my own and then my neighbours came to help - I bet they rue the day they moved in opposite me! Still I do keep the locals amused, seeing what I am up to next. As for what shows I am doing this year, I haven't actually booked into any yet apart from a one day one which is on Easter Monday in Coleford, Gloucestershire, but I shall probably be taking the M38 Jeep to that, it is not worth taking the larger things out for one day, too far, and too much diesel and hassle! Yes, it would certainly carry a Fergie tractor!!

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice "Lorrie"! I get a good 'warm & fuzzy' for anyone that hauls there ST4 in an enclosed trailer or truck. I've seen so many ST4's go to the junk yard because they were left outside. There usually so bad that they are not even candidates for restoration.

Army "rigs"? Had a 53 Reo Shopvan, duce and a half, a 53 Millitary power wagen, and a tracked missle loader. That old army iron is just as tough to keep up as the snow cats. Kool Trackin, Lyndon.

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
It is all tough to keep up, wonder why I started this as a hobby? It wasn't so hard when my partner was alive, but solo, it's a 'sod'.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ice Queen said:
It is all tough to keep up, wonder why I started this as a hobby? It wasn't so hard when my partner was alive, but solo, it's a 'sod'.

Well we are happy to be your new partners by internet proxie. I know its not the same. But I also know that I've gained both courage to tackle jobs, confidence in my abilities, and encouragement to try because of friends I've met on forums.
We are here to help in whatever way we can :tiphat:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I AGREE with bob 100%! I never would have dreamed of doing my own paint work but with the help of BigAl i will be learning from one of the best. I also NEVER would have pulled the motor and Variator but because of Lyndon I now feel I can! Again from the best source on Snow Tracs alive!!!!! We are really blessed here to have this source of knowledge and know how. BigAl has also encouraged me to completely rebuild my Snow Master just from his posts on his KT7. AND I bet we have BOB to thank for seeking out these and other highly talented members.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Snowcat Operations said:
I AGREE with bob 100%! I never would have dreamed of doing my own paint work but with the help of BigAl i will be learning from one of the best. I also NEVER would have pulled the motor and Variator but because of Lyndon I now feel I can! Again from the best source on Snow Tracs alive!!!!! We are really blessed here to have this source of knowledge and know how. BigAl has also encouraged me to completely rebuild my Snow Master just from his posts on his KT7. AND I bet we have BOB to thank for seeking out these and other highly talented members.

And to think ,all I ever did before this was a door to door "Fuller brush salesman":thumb: :eek: :confused:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
BigAl said:
all I ever did before this was a door to door "Fuller brush salesman"
Hmmmm. . . you "did" a Fuller brush salesman? :whistle:

I think you might be confused here Al, this thread is not about your sexual proclivities or kinky desires. Who you "did" is really none of our business. However, there is an adult section of the "ForumForum" website where you may wish to view pinup photos, etc. (No hard core stuff). Just send Doc, our Forum Administrator a PM and let him know that you would like access to that area. It is kept behind closed doors, so children don't have access to it.

Any forum member may have access to 'The Locker Rooms' by simply asking "Doc" to be put on the list of authorized users. :tiphat:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
To that I will not argue!

But to change the subject, what name are you going with for the KT7?
Powder Flounder?
Drift Dodger?
Or one of the others?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
To that I will not argue!

But to change the subject, what name are you going with for the KT7?
Powder Flounder?
Drift Dodger?

Or one of the others?

Still leaning towards"Yeti" or "Yetti" . I have seen it spelled with 1 "t" and also 2 . Anyone know the correct spelling ???

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I believe it is YETI. If you type YETTI into Google, it comes back Did you mean YETI?

And I will agree that it is a good name. I believe it derives from the Himalayan mountain region of Tibet. A fittingly rugged setting to name a unique snowcat after.

Take a look at this website.

By the way, YOU really threw Anita's thread off topic!!!

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I believe it is both depending on region. I have also seen both on all sorts of web sites. Either one will work. The Snow Trac in Poland has ONE T so I would use 2 TT. Because you know two TTs are better than one!

Here is the perfect image also:

Attachments

• yetti.jpg
    yetti.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 187

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
WHOS Anita? Yes we did SORRY Anita!

B_Skurka said:
I believe it is YETI. If you type YETTI into Google, it comes back Did you mean YETI?

And I will agree that it is a good name. I believe it derives from the Himalayan mountain region of Tibet. A fittingly rugged setting to name a unique snowcat after.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Snowcat Operations said:
WHOS Anita? Yes we did SORRY Anita!

SEE WHAT I MEAN, BigAl's sexual exploits with the Fuller Brush Man has you so confused that you can't even remember that Ice Queen is the one who started this thread, and that the topic is about her new transport truck!!! :eek:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:

NOT ME ! Your the one that cracked off the sexual joke . Leave me outta this !!!
Sorry about Bob , Anita . He gets so excited at times and forgets where he is at .:confused:

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
The thread probably needed throwing off topic anyway! Talking of names for Snow tracs, anyone got any bright ideas what I can call mine? The chap who repaired the exhaust system for me kept calling it 'Jaffa' because of its horrible orange colour, but it will NOT remain that colour. The other vehicles are: Odin the Foden, The Norse Box, Lady Rose (Scammell), Red Dragon(Scammell), Little Willie (Jeep), White Lady (Triumph Spitfire), the Tart's Boudoir (the Military Trailer and Sennacherub (Singer Roadster). All suggestions to be kept clean because I might have to paint it on the vehicle!

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Update on the snowtrac transport - what a scary experience loading the snowtrac up that very steep ramp into quite a restricted space. It fits, but will need to do something to be able to guide it on the ramp as it tends to bounce rather and not land up square. Don't want to go through the side of the box! Once up, it had to come down again, another quick prayer and fingers crossed etc., and was out again. Now knowing for certain that it fits, I have driven the Norsebox about 14 miles to a commercial garage to have some rings put in the floor to 'tie' the snowtrac down. Have to get some practice driving the snowtrac before loading again - I can't afford the large whisky to calm my knotted nerves afterwards!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Anita, they do seem to be a bit twitchy sometimes! Usually when I am trying to park it. I don't know why. But I was loading mine onto my car lift when it suddenly jerked left and went off the lift. No damage to anything but it took a tractor and a tow strap to pull it back up onto the lift and into place.

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Snowtrac "Holds it's Own"

At a equipment dealership in Seattle that handeled Snow Trac's, while unloading a new machine off of a flatbed trailer they dropped one on it's side. It sat there all day on one side while insureance people took pictures and milled around trying to figgure out what to do. Finally after the insureance guy's left, the employees of the equipment dealer righted the machine by hand. Apparently there was no damage and the machine was sold and put into service with no ill effects. This story courtesy of a VW Mechhanic who prevoiusly worked for the equipment dealership in the above mentioned story that approached me at the 1995 Northwest Vintager VW Meet/1995 VW Grand Nationals at SIR( Seattle International Raceway).

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I DON'T fancy falling off the sides of the ramp to the Norse box it is VERY HIGH! Thinking of trying to add some sort of guides on the ramps to prevent it hopping about - is this a viable idea? Still no suggestions on names for snowtrac, thought you folks might have some ideas - clean versions please. Hopper, twitcher, jumper, skipper come to mind when I was loading.