• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

UPDATE > Charles Krauthammer, analyst/commentator, gravely ill

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Charles Krauthammer Reveals He Only Has Weeks To Live

Oh my gosh.
I've always liked him.
Found at Fox News.
Screenshot_20180608-162207.png

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Charles Krauthammer, analyst/commentator, gravely ill

Thanks Bob.
You can merge mine or remove it.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
A note to readers By Charles Krauthammer

A note to readers
By Charles Krauthammer
Opinion writer
June 8, 2018

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.c718a2a91159

I have been uncharacteristically silent these past ten months. I had thought that silence would soon be coming to an end, but I’m afraid I must tell you now that fate has decided on a different course for me.

In August of last year, I underwent surgery to remove a cancerous tumor in my abdomen. That operation was thought to have been a success, but it caused a cascade of secondary complications — which I have been fighting in hospital ever since. It was a long and hard fight with many setbacks, but I was steadily, if slowly, overcoming each obstacle along the way and gradually making my way back to health.

However, recent tests have revealed that the cancer has returned. There was no sign of it as recently as a month ago, which means it is aggressive and spreading rapidly. My doctors tell me their best estimate is that I have only a few weeks left to live. This is the final verdict. My fight is over.

I wish to thank my doctors and caregivers, whose efforts have been magnificent. My dear friends, who have given me a lifetime of memories and whose support has sustained me through these difficult months. And all of my partners at The Washington Post, Fox News, and Crown Publishing.

Lastly, I thank my colleagues, my readers, and my viewers, who have made my career possible and given consequence to my life’s work. I believe that the pursuit of truth and right ideas through honest debate and rigorous argument is a noble undertaking. I am grateful to have played a small role in the conversations that have helped guide this extraordinary nation’s destiny.

I leave this life with no regrets. It was a wonderful life — full and complete with the great loves and great endeavors that make it worth living. I am sad to leave, but I leave with the knowledge that I lived the life that I intended.

Attachments

• 0DDABFE5-1AF2-41C7-B514-57D831380922.jpeg
    0DDABFE5-1AF2-41C7-B514-57D831380922.jpeg
    14.1 KB · Views: 96

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: A note to readers By Charles Krauthammer

The last paragraph speaks volumes as to the heart and soul of him.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter

If he'd had the desire I think he would have made a great president. Level headed and extremely able to reason things out.
Mike

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter

This saddens me to no end. My wife told me about it this afternoon. I think, in all these years, I can count on one hand the number of times I have disagreed with him. Godspeed Hammer Man.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

So sad. Charles has always been a class act. I valued his opinions on so many fronts. He will be missed. :(

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter

This saddens me to no end. My wife told me about it this afternoon. I think, in all these years, I can count on one hand the number of times I have disagreed with him. Godspeed Hammer Man.

Me too. His opinions were always well thought out and well explained. There were a few times that he and I had differing views on a subject but after listening to his measured, logical reasoning I moved in his direction.

In a time of screaming, divisive personality hate politics, he will be sorely missed.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Probably the most level headed journalist of our time!!! He could cross verbal swords with anyone and always come out the winner without raising his voice. Anyone foolish enough to debate him was just that, a fool!!
Mike

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Krauthammer was the William F. Buckley of our times these days.

Always well reasoned, and over flowing with wit, logic, reason, and the ability to cut through the "noise" to find what was important and true.

Only rarely do such people rise to the top of the intellectual heap, and Charles certainly did so with ease.

He will be missed.

Regards, Kirk

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The voice of common sense throughout some very troubling times.
His commentary always shed light on what many of us had difficulty grasping.