• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WHAT'S GOING ON AT THE TUCKER FACTORY

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

Attachments

• US2084604-0.jpg
    US2084604-0.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 894

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Jeff,

Click here: Tucker Emmitt M

It will show you all of his patents including two other 2 strokes (although I think the pic above is related to a change on one of the other two).

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
WORK OF ART, seriously that looks to be restored to better than new condition. Nice to see any old snowcat saved from a scrap heap, wonderful to see this sno-cat saved in remarkable fashion.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
WORK OF ART, seriously that looks to be restored to better than new condition. Nice to see any old snowcat saved from a scrap heap, wonderful to see this sno-cat saved in remarkable fashion.
I don't think this is a restore.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I am liking the before and after photos Jeff. Coming right along. Got to love that first fire up.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Jeff, did you guys re-skin the pontoons? I'm guessing yes since there are shiny new studs poking out for the adjusters. Any pictures of that?

Last edited:

Jeffsno27

We kept as much of the pontoons as we could. A couple of the pontoons were different so we made new adjuster ends for them. I will go through pictures today and see what I can find for you.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
WOW that is absolutely beautiful.

Keep the updates coming.

But I do have a question, is this going to be stored in a museum never to see snow? Or will it be taken out on the snow, even if only for 'one last ride' before it ends up as a showpiece? It would be a shame if all that restoration work was done and it never got to see snow again.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for those Jeff. That answers a lot of questions I had never having seen a detailed breakdown of the pontoon 'guts'. I'm assuming it was generally the same thru the end of production, so that will help lots.

I definitely do, (and probably most others), have this issue with their pontoons on that lower rail area. It's good to see a repair. Did you blast & seal coat the inside or just button it back up?

Also interesting to note the welds from old tech to new tech. :smile:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 776
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 774

Jeffsno27

Today was the day! Drove out under its own power and got to enjoy some Oregon sunshine! Enjoy the pics!

First day!
56 start 1.jpg

Today!
56 finished 1.jpg

56 finished 2.jpg

56 finished 3.jpg

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
its a nice looking rig I still find it hard to get excited about steel ladder tracks. I suppose it has to do with our conditions around here where you could come across several mimes of ground blown bare of snow which would play havoc with the pontoons. that and I don't like my dewalt grease gun that much.

Sno-Surfer

That looks incredible! Super cool looking cat and to see the factory doing it's thing on it is really awesome.
Looks ready for the Cat Meow.

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
Awesome Job!! And in record time too. Great work, wished I was even half as quick. Love this thread and all the info on the forums. Very Inspirational Indeed!!