• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Neighbors speak out after dozens of dead cats, trash found in Wichita home

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
This is just an example of nosey neighbors waiting far to long to do the right thing. :doh:

I talked with one of the guys involved in the removal & he said it was the most sickening thing he has ever seen. :sad: Short vid at the link below.

WICHITA, Kansas (AP) -- Thirty-one dead cats and knee-deep trash have been found inside a Wichita home.

Authorities made the discovery Saturday after receiving a call from a concerned neighbor.

Sgt. Bruce Watts says police smelled decay upon arriving and initially worried that the woman had died inside the home. Fire officials with respirators responded. Inside, they found that two flea-infested dogs had been feeding on the cats.

Authorities eventually tracked down the 69-year-old woman who lives alone in the house. She said she had been in the hospital and was staying at a friend's house.

The woman has been told to stay out of the home for now. Animal control officers took her dogs.
http://www.ksn.com/news/local/story...ead-cats/RcurR88lAU2El8RFGqg0_w.cspx?rss=1802

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
UGG that makes me want to puke: :puking::sad: Then my 2nd thought after wanting to puke is is maybe they should feed her to the dogs? Sorry but that freaks me out.

Jacquib

As a neighbour you'd think somethings not right around the 15 cat mark, we've reported far less that we consider cruelty regardless of whether or not the owners realise they are doing it.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I have known animal hoarders, and every one has been mentally unstable. The fact that she is staying with a friend following a hospital stay, without making arrangements to care for these animals, shows just how unstable she is. I don't like what has occurred, but I believe she is to be pitied rather than cursed.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I have known animal hoarders, and every one has been mentally unstable. The fact that she is staying with a friend following a hospital stay, without making arrangements to care for these animals, shows just how unstable she is. I don't like what has occurred, but I believe she is to be pitied rather than cursed.
I agree, it just makes me wonder just how many folks (including the friend she is staying with) knew that the animals were being left there and uncared for. :unsure:

The last word i heard was the house is going to be condemned & bulldozed due to the stench being so bad. :sad:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
There was a house not far from where Rusty works that was so bad they had to wear breathing gear and do short rotations getting over 115 cats and mummified remains of cats out. They finally decided to take an excavator and demo it and haul it to the landfill. They kept a fire truck there to water down the debris as they were doing it and hauling it.:hammer: