Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN

Go Back   Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN > Snow Trac ST4, Kristi, Thiokol/LMC, Tucker, Bombardier & Other Snowcat Discussions > Snowcat Repairs, Parts & Problems Forum

Snowcat Repairs, Parts & Problems Forum Snowcat Repairs, Parts Inquiries, Sources, Problems & Advice

Old 12-06-2018, 12:15 PM
Bronze Member

Blackfoot Tucker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tucker Axle Housing Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mill666er View Post
When I rebuilt my 542 I wasnít aware of the bearing tape and ended up installing addition grease zerks at the worst wear areas and thought all I could do was minimize any new damage. If I jack the cat up then I am able to get grease to the worst spots but Iím sure it just squeezes out when I let the cat back down. I bought my UHMW for the wheels and track guides from Professional Plastics because they had the best price with shipping.

https://www.professionalplastics.com/UHMWSHEETRODTUBE

I did also have to chuck them up on the lathe to get the correct press fit inside diameter and cut a chamfer on the back side to make clearance for the welds on the steel wheels.

Thanks for the information, and the suggestions.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blackfoot Tucker For This Useful Post:
bobby wilkes (12-09-2018), jim slagle  (12-06-2018)