• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Report Your Snow Depth

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We're in the middle of a winter storm right now! Started snowing lightly this morning.........got around 6 inches right now. Supposed to get allot more by morning.

socal4t12

no snow along 395 yet. i made the trip from socal to reno/tahoe last weekend. only snow is way up high in the sierras. there is no snow in the socal resorts. hopefully it will come soon.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Normally we get a few snow storms as we have so far before Holloween. Then about Thanksgiving we start to get our major storms that dump a bunch of snow which lasts till April or June

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Same here. The storm we got last night dumped about ten inches. Most of it'll be gone in a week or so. Then it'll take a couple weeks for the ground to freeze. After that, the snow we get from then on will be here till April.

Vance

Another dusting of 2-3 inches on Donner Summit(CA) the 10th of Nov but nature can't seem to make the stuff stay around...

:letitsnow:

Vance

Attachments

• IMG_3881.JPG
    IMG_3881.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_3852.JPG
    IMG_3852.JPG
    175.9 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_3890.JPG
    IMG_3890.JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_3932.JPG
    IMG_3932.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 331

snowbird

Hi thcri! I'm also in SE Minnesota and no snow yet, but forecast temps are for below the freezing point, so precip might be in the form of snow. Ground isn't frozen yet, so probably wouldn't last.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
That chart of annual snowfall doesn't bode well for the "Global Warming" Crowd. Looks like the cycles in the last 120 some odd years look normal, and if that is the case, we are going to get a bunch more snow in the next few years....

By the way, just South of Nenana, Alaska, this last week we got about a foot of snow...and -15...

Mark

Here is a nice chart to show you folks that it REALLY DOES SNOW here in California!!

This recording station is in Soda Springs, CA. This is near Donner Summit/Boreal/Sugar Bowl if you know those places. It's also just down the hill from my property.

Some key stats from the chart:
Average Annual Snowfall: 408 inches = 34 feet
Average Max Snowpack on Ground: 142 inches = 11.8 feet

:letitsnow: :snow2_smi:

Vance

P.S. If you click the image it will be easier to read.

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
No snow where I live, but there has been some on high ground and I had to go to Hereford (about 90 miles away) and passed over the mountains and they have had a lot of snow in the last couple of days. Wish I had some - I wanna go out to play!

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Had some fluffy stuff in ABQ thursday night and friday. Almost 2" in some places, but most of it melted off by saturday morning.

Arrived in MHT saturday afternoon and saw a few small patches from the air, but nothing on the roads. Hope to find some snow when I head toward CanUK early in the week.

Briarpatch

Just returned from the cabin today. We have about 5-6" of snow on the ground and cold. Laramie was 3 last night. Still not enough snow to get the tucker out. We were able to get 9 slash piles burned over the 3 day weekend.

Briarpatch

Yes, we can relate here in La Pine, not enough snow to run the groomer so burning brush piles and cutting firewood. Its been nice to have the extended fall season with out the snow fall to get these things done around the house but now its time to get that snowcat going down the trails.
Rob
Central Oregon :17875:

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It snowed and blowed for 11 days straight. Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3, we had it all, the real Arctic stuff! Got trapped at the camp for half a day(phase 3), stuck in snow drifts several times with the old(actually brand NEW!) ford Crew cab Turbo Diesel 4 X 4. Made the 60 Mile run to Endicott, in convoy both ways. Total accumulation about a foot, but after the 60 MPH winds it left us with Drifts 20 to 40 FEET! The D9 Cat that was plowing the parking lot where my office is got stuck over a dozen times. We have (2) 988 size Loaders with scoops and blades, another with a 2 stage Snow Blower, (2) Cat Graders, and (1) D9-Cat working around the clock. It finally stopped blowing we should be dug out by this afternoon. It's amazomg how seriously stuck one can get in a 2 or 3 foot drift! Fortunately, even though I got stuck a couple of times, no one saw me and I didn't have to call out for a 'Tow'. Trying real hard to avoid the dreaded "TUNDRA DRIVER AWARD".

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
This is a joint we call "PIZZA HUT" where we have morning safety meetings.
Truck 001.jpg this second picture should be the back door looking out. Truck 003.jpg

It looks like we will get some snow here in Central Oregon! :letitsnow:
Today

bkn.jpg

Mostly
Cloudy
Hi 41°FTonight

nsn60.jpg

Snow
Likely
Lo 25°FTuesday

sn20.jpg

Slight Chc
Snow
Hi 34°FTuesday
Night
nbkn.jpg

Mostly
Cloudy
Lo 17°FWednesday

bkn.jpg

Partly
Sunny
Hi 38°FWednesday
Night
nsn60.jpg

Snow
Likely
Lo 25°FThursday

sn50.jpg

Chance
Snow
Hi 36°FThursday
Night
nsn.jpg

Chance
Snow
Lo 19°FFriday

sn.jpg

Slight Chc
Snow
Hi 34°F

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
2" and melting in Elk City ,Idaho 7* degrees tomorrow morning

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The pictures of "Stake & Ale" and " Pizza Hut" were taken roughly 7:00 AM Today!

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sattellite Pic of "F-Pad" on the Arctic Ocean,
f-Pad.jpg>

IMG_0007.jpg A poor picture of F-Pad Today.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
About 6" in far north NH.

Attachments

• NH House in Snow.jpg
    NH House in Snow.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 305

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, they are predicting 12" plus for this area coming by tomarrow we will see just finnishing the B-12 Bombardier bus with carpet Today that would be fun to go eat at the cafe as a test run. -5 degrees this morning with out the wind chill -12 with the chill has to warm up to snow.
:thumb:

Last edited:

Briarpatch

The weather service here in Denver is predicting 30-40" of snow in the southwest part of the state. They are under a winter storm warning. The area is down by telluride

Briarpatch

kgracey

Boggie, those Chinese characters in your signature say "Don't drink too much coffee." I think you already know this, though. If you want, I can produce a stranger signature for you. Something you even wouldn't want to write in English on these forums.