• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

POLL: What brand snowcat do you own?

What brand snowcat do you own/operate?

• AKTIV Snow Trac, Trac Master, or Snow Master

Votes: 103 14.2%
  • KRISTI KT2, KT3, KT4 or KT7

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • THIOKOL/DMC/LMC (any of the numerous models)

Votes: 187 25.8%
  • BOMBARDIER (J5, Bombi, B12, C18, etc)

Votes: 152 21.0%
  • TUCKER (classic steel track)

Votes: 72 9.9%
  • TUCKER (rubber track or terra track)

Votes: 61 8.4%
  • VMC

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Other (please list the brand/model in the thread below)

Votes: 62 8.6%
  • NONE, but I enjoy the Snowcat forums anyway

Votes: 40 5.5%
  • NONE, I visit the ForumsForums but don't frequent the snowcat area.

Votes: 42 5.8%
  • NONE YET, but I am looking for a snowcat.

Votes: 76 10.5%

• Total voters

laytonpc

Northern and Central Rockies are 130 % of normal snow pack. We received over 14 inches of snow last night. Some general guidelines - the Colorado Division of a Wildlife treats a snow cat as a snowmobile thus requires a snowmobile permit to operate. Wilderness areas are off limits. I live in Pike National Forest and all of the trails are open except for those marked "no snowmobiles" with cats they prefer a minimum of 6 inches. There are hundreds of miles of marked and groomed trails in Colorado. Suggest you Google Cottonwood Pass, Tin Cup Pass, Ophir Creek. I am sure there are others on this forum that can chime in on areas to ride in Northern Colorado and over in the Gunnison / Crested Butte area.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
As of today I own a 1963 Tuckker 443-A

PICTURES . . . oh, and we expect a thread with MORE PICTURES :hammer:

What are your plans for the unit? What conditions is it in currently?

Mill666er

SUPER Site Supporter
New owner of a 1981 Tucker 542A-HD with a few hack repairs/mods.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392657066.017111.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392657079.227441.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392657114.543376.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392657143.370716.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392657449.520884.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392657471.917178.jpg

Cat runs great, plan on playing with it as is for the rest of the winter and will probably start some sort of restore this spring.

Thanks to this forum and existence of the Snowcat Jamboree 'down the road' in Leavenworth, I have been hit with 'the bug'. See everyone there next year!

First time forum user and will try to figure this out and get more pics and info posted in the snowcat restoration forum.

Rob Miller
Winthrop, WA

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
if I just had to have a tucker one of those road oiler powered riggs might be the way I would want to go nothing like a screamen jimmy.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Welcome to the group Ron ! We are a group of Snow Cat nut cases that love to tinker and restore the older cats for our personal use .

That is a nice tucker you have .:clap: The company was started in the town I grew up in ,,, Grass Valley Calif . Ok, Ok ,:glare: that was about a million years ago . But I still remember the buildings where they were made .

Don't forget we love pictures as they speak a thousand words for the SnowTrac owners who can't read anyway :whistling: !
Also take the time to fill out your Bio page so we know what part of the country you live in .
Enjoy and use our data base for information or help any time

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
New owner of a 1981 Tucker 542A-HD with a few hack repairs/mods.
. . .
Rob, nice looking new toy.

I'm thinking hard that my next snowcat may be a Tucker.

What are your plans for the Sno-Cat?

cabinrat

My sv 252 I bought about 10 years ago.Hopefully the picture was sent,still learning to operate the forum.Im gonna sandblast and rubbercoat this spring,everything but the doors.Maybe get rid of the bondo in the roof problem for good.Any suggestions on color appreciated.I might do yellow again but black on the roof,not sure.Great to read about all the project cats out their.Pictures are great,if mine didnt show up ill figure it out.If I do I will send pictures of the stainless fuel tank im putting together this week.

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 653

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
the tracks are complete but the rubber is rotted they are not the j style grousers the engine and trans are shot I think that is where the fire started the oc-12 doesn't even have paint burned off it and most of the road wheels are still good as are the axles and springs there is np cabin you would have to figure it to be an oc-12 suspension road wheels and track parts I also have 2 nos drive sprockets for $350 each.

tom

GOLD Site Supporter
This forum is verging on addiction..still learning to navigate it. Laytonpc has a great idea for next year. Gunnison/Crested Butte area is a great riding area...as well as The Grand Mesa area. Re:Melensdad question..the cat is in great condition. I use it for recreational/cabin access.I plan to continue the restore started by Broken Grouser. New paint is on the agenda, more lights and creature comforts.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 569

snowcatt

Three Bombi's
1 1975 completely restored
1 1976 completely original not restored very nice sitting for 10 years
1 1980 complete less engine body needs work.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
cats playing nice in cat house

Jinn,

As usual, so many questions on this pic! What year is the 443? I've never seen an old one with a vertical grill like that. And is it just an illusion or are the tracks/pontoons actually slightly more narrow than the freighter beside it? And last, what is it sitting on?? Some sort of 'cat dolly? It almost looks to be floating with a chunk of wood under the right front. (I guess they are light on the snow . . .):whistling:

David

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
hello david, my tucker buddy, the 443 is a '54 and yes the tracks are narrower than the freighter, it is sitting on a factory built transport trailer, twin axle, the deck has a rail for the inside part of the track to ride on, and the deck is peaked, all very kewl, original owner was the BPA, the folks with all the dams on the lower columbia river in oregon/washington, and as they say, cats that walk on snow. very light.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
Might be interested.
What kind of shape is the rest of it in?
Tracks?
Price?
Thanks, Mike
mike I didn't see this reply give me a call I can put you in touch with the owners. the front tracks are new the rear tracks will need replacement soon also the right rear drive sprockets need replacement along with a few road wheels. the engine was changed a couple of years ago and seems to run good the machine has ben maintained by me and up till the trans died has been kept up real well now the organization who owns it is toying with liquidating it as the thing cost more to keep running than they receive off working it.
mu number is 907- 304 1383.

Shaneo

Bought this to play at our cabin. Maybe a little snowboarding in the hills.

Attachments

• image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 416

akimp

Cats owned
1 1969 Bombardier J5
1 1961-1962 Snow-Trac ST4 liquid cooled rabbit motor, disk brake conversion, and 3 band track and upgraded sprocket conversion.
1 ? Snow-trac ST4 still at previous owners house to prevent serious problems with the wife. let her digest one a month is wise with these beautiful toys.
I already have voted for the J5 last year but add two Snow-Trac's to the poll:clap:

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 387
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 387
  • snow-trac.jpg
    snow-trac.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 451
  • 00n0n_jDZPktUzUWu_600x450.jpg
    00n0n_jDZPktUzUWu_600x450.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 415

Clacker

Hey Folks,
I picked up a BR 160 last year.
I use it for grooming the goat trails we sled on.

PC260018.jpg

Just waiting for snow,

Clacker