• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Never ate a wild pig

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
A pig is a pig. The bacons will be a little leaner depending on what they have been eating.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Wild or domestic it is still the other white meat. I just tends to be a bit leaner as muleman said.

Alonzo Tubbs

Carpe Diem
SUPER Site Supporter
As already said, the meat will be more lean but if the pig was shot in the hardwood, the meat will have a delightful nut taste, all in all, a great meat.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
squerly - Check with 2-guns on NTT. He shoots and eats them year around.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've never eaten wild pig in any form but sausage, and what I have had is good. What I have had was from Italy.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It's as others have said, good meat but leave the big boars alone. If not butchered properly they can be strong, almost rank and inedible or at least that's my experience.

There used to be a nice little business in East Texas of trapping them, cleaning them out for a few days and shipping them to the big city. There was a good gourmet market for the meat because it was leaner and people were willing to pay a premium for it. I don't hear of that being done much anymore but then again, I'm maybe moving in the wrong circles.