• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Salt / sand spreader for sale

Kubota King

This is an Air flo 1.7 yard salt / sand spreader. It was bought new in 96' last time I used it was winter of 03' & at that time it ran & functioned great! It will need some metal fabrication on the bottom to strengthen it up. I welded one piece in 2 years ago but I just dont have the time anymore. Make me an offer. I will either accept of decline. I can deliver within reason....lets talk about it.

Attachments

• Salt - sand spreader = air flo 001.jpg
    Salt - sand spreader = air flo 001.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 281
  • Salt - sand spreader = air flo 004.jpg
    Salt - sand spreader = air flo 004.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 264
  • Salt - sand spreader = air flo 005.jpg
    Salt - sand spreader = air flo 005.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 257
  • Salt - sand spreader = air flo 003.jpg
    Salt - sand spreader = air flo 003.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 257
  • Salt - sand spreader = air flo 003.jpg
    Salt - sand spreader = air flo 003.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 254

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
I suggest that you modify the auction immediately or you are going to be shipping that to someone for very little money. You should have made the auction "local pickup only" unless you intend delivering it. The cost to me in Southbridge Ma is $19.16. Not even worth the gas to go get it. Junk.....

Kubota King

I'd be glad to tell you but first I would like you to guess. After you guess, then tell me what is the most you would have paid for it. Then I will tell you.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
I gave it some serious consideration, but after coming to my senses and realizing that my loader wouldn't be high enough to fill the hopper and it would be over kill for my driveway, gave up on the though. I will continue to have the neighbor sand the driveway whenever it needs it. My guess is that it sold for between $500 and $750 depending on how much work that it needed to make is serviceable again. Having repaired them more than once, I know that they can be a bear to work on and the parts don't come cheap. If the chain mechanism is rusted and needs to be replaced, then you are staring at big $$$$. Junk.....

Kubota King

You are a wise man with good wisdom Junk. I rec'd an email from a man thru ebay. He said he was in CT & needed a spreader quickly & was willing to pick it up that day & pay me cash for it if I was willing to end the auction early. So the man show's up an hour later & came to his own conclusion that it needed a new convayor chain...I didnt argue. We chatted for 25 minutes in my yard & he was a nice guy. He is an excavation contractor that is starting to get into commercial plowing. We hit it off & I made a new friend & he offered me $500 cash & i took it. I loaded it onto his brand new F 350 & off it went! I really didnt want to spend more time on it & I really didnt want to get stuck delivering it far as I have gotten stuck doing on past ebay sales of mine so It worked out well for me. As for you not being able to load it with your BX, years ago I had a JD 790 that had the same problem so I built a loading dock that worked well for many years till I bought the Kubota which loads from the ground with no problems.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
You did well and so did he. I keep thinking that I want / need more equipment, toys, etc., but in reality, I don't need any more than I already have and in all honesty, I can get rid of some and not even notice that they are gone. I spent the entire day moving things in the garage to no avail. I still can't make enough room in there to get a 22' long car in for the winter unless I start getting rid of some more stuff. I filled one box of things that are definitely going to eBay this next week and have a large pile that is headed to the dumpster.

Kubota King

Junkman said:
You did well and so did he.

I filled one box of things that are definitely going to eBay this next week and have a large pile that is headed to the dumpster.

You wouldn't by any chance be including that anvil in your stuff to put on ebay would you?

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Sorry..... that isn't in the pile. Mostly junk type of stuff. I rarely sell any tools and other things that I consider having much value. In fact, after looking at all the "junk" I wonder why I keep some of it, but I now realize that it might be more of a compulsion than a need. It is a fine line... :whistle:

dirtybernie

Junkman said:
You did well and so did he. I keep thinking that I want / need more equipment, toys, etc., but in reality, I don't need any more than I already have and in all honesty, I can get rid of some and not even notice that they are gone. I spent the entire day moving things in the garage to no avail. I still can't make enough room in there to get a 22' long car in for the winter unless I start getting rid of some more stuff. I filled one box of things that are definitely going to eBay this next week and have a large pile that is headed to the dumpster.
i hear ya! my garage is 30x30 and im down to pathways to get through it. i keep saying i'm going to unload stuff but in all reality it just gets piled higher!
BTW please put your ebay listings on here. :beer:

Wannafish

Floppy Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Junkman said:
Sorry..... that isn't in the pile. Mostly junk type of stuff. I rarely sell any tools and other things that I consider having much value. In fact, after looking at all the "junk" I wonder why I keep some of it, but I now realize that it might be more of a compulsion than a need. It is a fine line... :whistle:

'Cause if you got rid of it you'd have to change your name!