• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow cat Jamboree 2016

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Flying to Seattle on Thursday. How long of a drive to 11worth and is a 4x4 a must to get there or a regular rental would do?

I was thinking getting there on Friday morning. Any input would be appreciated.

Frederique B.

Wenatchee airport is much closer. 30 min drive.
jim

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
DSC01312_1.jpg

Mill666er

SUPER Site Supporter
Are there car rentals available at Wenatchee?

Thanks.

FB

Very few and the only way to fly into Wenatchee is through Seattle or Spokane. I would stick to Seattle but maybe take the more scenic route over highway 2 right into Leavenworth if the weather is good if not then I-90.

Mill666er

SUPER Site Supporter
Are any of your rigs back in service yet?

Not yet but I just requested a week of vacation to get one of them back in the snow. Might have to bail on the pontoons and punch some holes in 4 more belts for the 542.

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Life's duties are calling, seems like I wont be able to make it!!!

Hope everyone shares and takes a lot of pictures!

Logger1965

GOLD Site Supporter
OK it's done I've made my reservations I will be there this year with the big orange toy!!!!

PJL

Good news, I asked and was given the okay to bring our cat over on Friday for the day. Save me a spot in the parking lot!

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I enjoyed your company. last years photo with you in the center warming up in my cat.
DSC01840.jpg

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
nikson nikson nikson...

ah geez, just not same without you, can you feel the love? why don't you put some fuel in your private jet and come up for the day, we could pass the hat, and help pay for a gallon or two, that settles it, we will see you at jamboree

Last edited:

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I thought you had already packed your bags for the guilt trip? How can you pass this up?

Attachments

• DSCN1691.jpg
    DSCN1691.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 452
Flying to Seattle on Thursday. How long of a drive to 11worth and is a 4x4 a must to get there or a regular rental would do?

I was thinking getting there on Friday morning. Any input would be appreciated.

Frederique B.

2WD should be OK, but WSDOT has been very quick to pull the trigger on "chains required" for 2WD on passes this year, so check weather for both going and coming. If you go via I-90 and 97 you go over 2 passes, Snoqualmie and Blewett, if you go via I 405, 522, and US 2 you go over Stevens.
This site has everything you need: http://www.atmos.washington.edu/data/
To check current pass conditions and restrictions scroll down to WSDOT Pass Reports for a map with an interactive map of all the passes. For weather scroll down to zone forecast for Western Washington, and in that scroll down to Cascades of Snohomish and King Counties for a 7 day forecast. If there is a "winter weather advisory" or a "winter storm watch or warning" they may well be requiring chains on 2WDs. You can also get to Northwest Weather and Avalanche Center from this site which has better forecasts for passes, but only one day in advance. If you are going directly to airport from Leavenworth on Sunday best not to take US2 cause most of it is 2 lane and it gets backed up with ski traffic (97 is also 2 lane but it doesn't have a ski area or any stoplights).

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
what is your arrival time Thursday?
someone may be heading that way about the same time.
jim

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
I enjoyed your company. last years photo with you in the center warming up in my cat.
DSC01840.jpg

With all the interested cat buyers coming to this event it's too bad someone else can't tow Nikon's cat to the event for the possible sale. Just saying ya know !

4TrackCat

Site Supporter
We were on our way home from Tuckerville today with the new addition and as we passed by Lynnwood Washington on I-5 we spotted another awesome looking Tucker. We exchanged a "thumbs up" does anybody recognize these folks and know if they've been invited to the jamboree?
b6dd22b2e3518f41a4feaeb1bec63a23.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

4TrackCat

Site Supporter
We saw that they pulled off at the rest area and decided to follow them in and get a closer look at their cat. Glad to hear they are joining the Leavenworth jamboree.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
you meet such nice folks with tuckers, life is better with a tucker sno-cat, this is another of those famous tucker moments...

Mr.prez

Will be in town sometime on Friday. Montana this weekend snowmobile and snowcat'n Leavenworth next weekend life is good.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Will be in town sometime on Friday. Montana this weekend snowmobile and snowcat'n Leavenworth next weekend life is good.
i'm doing my playing after Leavenworth up in the Okanogan area.

one week to go!
jim

j farm

GOLD Site Supporter
Wish I could make it up there. Had such a great time at Timberline last April, great group of people and sno cats.

Tye one on

We are less than a week away! I made a trip out to Leavenworth this weekend and it sounds like we have a good turn out so far based on hotel reservations. As you are all aware our snow has been slowly dwindling over the last month, Mother Nature is such a bitch!!! Bert's place at Eagle Creek is gonna be a no go this year because logging activity has turned the road out to Derby into mud and muck. I made a trip to our local watering hole "Headwaters Pub" and talked with a few old boys there about another option for us that would have snow on it for next weekend. We scouted an area North of lake Wenatchee that will give us more than enough room to stretch our Cat's legs and (weather permitting) give us some great views of the valley. It's a little further drive than Bert's place but much better road to get there so will probably be a wash time wise.

The Breakfast Saturday morning will be at 7:30, tickets for the buffet will be sold to you at check in. If your not staying at the hotel I will have extra tickets I can sell you before hand. I will have maps printed with directions to the trail head to hand out prior to us leaving the parking lot in the morning. Parking is going to be somewhat of an issue at the trail head so we will need to all work together to get everyone in and unloaded in some sort of organized chaos.

If you get there Thursday or Friday at a reasonable time it would be great if you would unload your cat and park it in the lot for the public to view on Friday. I'm coming in Thursday and will be somewhere close by (probably in a bar) if you need anything or have any questions.

Call or text (360) 507-2737