• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Multiplaz 3500 welder

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Anybody seen these? I have not seen one or used one in person, but this is supposed to have the ability to cut and weld, without shielding gas. It turns water into a plasma shield for the weld!

They had an ad in a trade rag. www.muliplaz.com

I'm sure not anywhere as good as my Synchrowave, but for field repairs, this could be a great thing to have.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Anybody seen these? I have not seen one or used one in person, but this is supposed to have the ability to cut and weld, without shielding gas. It turns water into a plasma shield for the weld!

They had an ad in a trade rag. www.muliplaz.com

fixed link http://www.multiplaz.com/index (tom)

I'm sure not anywhere as good as my Synchrowave, but for field repairs, this could be a great thing to have.

I have a miller maxstar140 for portable welding and it hasn't failed me yet stick and tig but you have to carry a bottle with you for tig.

Syncrowave is one of the best welders I have used and this is the little brother of it.

I like the touch start it doesn't waste as much gas and I don't have the foot control for it I have foot control on the syncrowave and I just haven't mastered it for the current control.

Miller_140_Maxstar_portable_TIG.jpg

Plasma is cool. I mean hot. Wish I had enough need for it to justify the $$. If it can't be done with the Miller buzz box or Lincoln MIG, it gets contracted. Last time I "needed" plasma was back in the "cutting up stainless kegs" days, 20 years ago. These days it's mild steel gates and fences, or little ornamental plant stands. MIG and angle grinder stuff. Plasma rocks, though.