• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Why didn't I buy a tractor w/ a 2nd seat before??

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
The tractor I now have is a cab tractor that has a 2nd seat in it. My kids absolutely love riding with me in the tractor! I need to mow today and I have to schedule which kid gets to ride with me during what times. The funniest is my youngest who is 7 years old. He gets so excited to ride in the tractor with me for about 10 minutes....then he's sound asleep! :) It's a good thing he has his seatbelt on because I can't imagine how he can sleep sitting straight up. As soon as I stop to take him out, he immediately wakes up and says he wants to ride more.

I never realized how much enjoyment I can get out of a tractor; not from me using the tractor, but by having one of my kids riding with me. They have their own seat, seatbelt, as well as their own cup holder. Now I just wish I would have had such a rig years ago!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds good Brent. I wish I had a tractor big enough that it could handle a cab and a 2nd seat.

Did you say your mowing with that bad boy? Giving your ZTR's a break ehhh?

humor_me

I never realized how much enjoyment I can get out of a tractor; not from me using the tractor, but by having one of my kids riding with me. They have their own seat, seatbelt, as well as their own cup holder. Now I just wish I would have had such a rig years ago!

:applause: :applause: Good for you! There's nothing like spending some quality time with your kids. Take lots of pictures if you can. Of course in a few years, they'll want thier own tractor. But that's not a bad thing to worry about.:thumb:

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Why didn't I buy a tractor w/ a 2nd seat before??

I really did not want the wife telling me how to drive the tractor also. I think we have plenty of quality time together. :4_11_9: :pat: :alc:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I really did not want the wife telling me how to drive the tractor also. I think we have plenty of quality time together. :4_11_9: :pat: :alc:

Ha ha ..... you are probably right mtntopper, once the kids are grown it will become a wife seat. She could come along and tell how everything SHOULD be done. :D On second thought I'll do without that extra seat. :beer: :D

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Pity that someone doesn't tell our vehicle licensing authority that tractors DO have more than one seat. The reason that they won't let me licence my snowtrac as a tractor (and therefore pay much less road tax) is that 'tractors don't have more than one seat and the snowtrac does'! At vintage rallies I have seen tractors with sheepdog (or whatever) riding alongside 'master' on the tractor - so those with two seated tractors, never mind the kids, let the dog have a ride!