• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

my new BR100+

KickerM

Site Supporter
GOLD Site Supporter
It looks like you have the same air filter housing as mine it uses a NAPA GOLD 2055 or WIX 42055. Dimensions are:

Height: 3.22in (82mm)
Outer Diameter: 8.4in (213mm)
Inside Diameter: 6.58in (167mm)
CFM: 120

labradorshooter

KickerM thanks a lot that was indeed the air filter I needed!

so I ended up building a 6 way blade a few weeks back but I never posted any pictures because I honestly hate dealing with photobucket lately, its been super slow and I can deal with mechanical stuff all day but computer stuff I have a short fuse for.

so first I removed the PO's awesome blade mount.

then I proceeded to build my own stuff.

labradorshooter

I used a universal joint from a 5 ton truck I scraped as the main pivot instead of a spherical joint like bombardier used. its strong cheap and easy to rebuild.

one day I will shorten up the hoses to the proper length

labradorshooter

used a 5 spool valve I had around the garage, gives me 2 spare for a future drag thats more fancy then what I have now.

I had to rob the belt drive pump off my little Hough loader, I put it on the Hough as a power steering pump when I converted it from manual steering to hydraulic, it was the only pump I had small enough to fit it the br100 so I put a new pump on the hough and robbed this one. tank is the power steering tank from the same 5 ton truck the U joint is from.

all finished on my front lawn, my neighbors must love me!

here she is now down at the lake in front of my parents place, I own the lot next to them but I'm still back filling the land so I park my cat and plane to block they're view of the lake. notice my super high tech drag made of 3 logs and 2 wire ropes..... hey it makes a runway so it does its job.

undy

Awesome idea to use the u-joint there. I'll be curious to see how it holds up over the long term. Very cool.

snowcatt

Nice job you do good work .How do you like the higher gears .
I put. A 200 industrial 6 in mine with a automatic .
Had a few issues but that's all taken care of love it .
Picked up a 52 bombardier R18 snowbus going to restore that next
Have fun

labradorshooter

Undy, the only problem I can foresee with the U joint is the needle bearings getting pounded flat over time. I know if you run a driveshaft at 0 degree you can have that problem so I'm thinking with the limited motion the needles might not rotate enough to keep them round. If this is the case I might play with machining 4 bronze bushings to replace the needles.

DAVENET, thank you sir!

snowcatt, thank you as well, I must say I like the 4.27 gears, with the 2.3L and automatic I haven't been in a situation yet where I wish I still had the stock gearing. with a 200 i6 I'd say go for the 4.27's for sure.

Northcoast, it made this cat a new machine, much more versatile now which is a great thing for a private owner trying to justify owning a snowcat of any kind becasue we all know here, they are not cheap! altho the look on some peoples faces when you mention you own a groomer/snow cat is priceless at times haha.

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Definitely a nice job on the build. If you have a problem with the u-joint you could use a ball and socket assembly off an old bulldozer blade diagonal brace,like a cat d5 or d6 that would give you all motion also. Don

Last edited: