• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Chain Lightning

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
We are getting dumped on again with another storm. Had one last night also. Both last night and tonight the chain lightning is weird in the fact that when it hits the ground it stays lit up for about 20 seconds. What ever it is hitting it has to be doing some serious damage.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
We are getting dumped on again with another storm. Had one last night also. Both last night and tonight the chain lightning is weird in the fact that when it hits the ground it stays lit up for about 20 seconds. What ever it is hitting it has to be doing some serious damage.
We had that same kind of lightning, Steve.
This was weeks ago just before that tornado briefly touched down just east of town.
The bolts were bright red too. Never witnessed anything like it before, and hope never to again.
Keep those storms up there.. ok? :glare:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I've never heard of such a thing. I've seen the usual forked stuff and also sheet and ball lightning but seeing something like that (from a safe distance) would be really neat.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
The Chains would branch all over the place. The main bolt hitting the ground would stay lit for the longest time and you could even see pulsing in it. Lord knows the damage they did.

The wind came up in one gust and the whole family ran for the basement. I don't ever remember it coming so fast. The gusts were reported at 70 miles per hour. We got an inch of rain last night with more expected today.

My sweet corn is not so sweet anymore. The wind pretty much leveled it. Due to it being so tall a lot of it is broken off which means it won't come back. I will try and take some of it and lift it up and rope it to stay up. I did that to some last year and it worked.

Attachments

• IMG00014-20100627-0735.jpg
    IMG00014-20100627-0735.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG00015-20100627-0735.jpg
    IMG00015-20100627-0735.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG00016-20100627-0742.jpg
    IMG00016-20100627-0742.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 48