• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

end of the ice season

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
well the end of the season is here as you can see in all my mixed up pictures there was a truck that fell through the ice. I dispatched Brutis up the beach to start pulling equipment off the ice. I pulled several shacks off to the beach than had to pull stuff on the sand 15 miles back to town. on the way out I rode on the snow drift behind the bluff, but the side hill angle was too much for the equipment. to come back on. the blade was handy when I came to a wash from melt water either sand or snow I would drop the blade get some sand than carry it over the wash for a smooth crossing. the largest thing I hauled back was an 8000 pound shack on skies that had a cummins 6 cylinder motor attached to a Berkley pump. Bering sea gold was out filming again and took about 4 hours of video so I hope I get more than a few seconds this year. some how I lost some of the pics I took but at least I have some pics of the disaster that happened the next day. looking back at the pics we have the front road wheel that fell apart I believe it was the twisting of the wide tracks on drifted snow at safety that ate up both front rims. I replaced them with some nice perma groomer tires for a br400 .the holes allow for a larger wheel lug I found some half inch nuts that worked good and took off. as I pitched off the ice the second day the front end took a hard hit some thing didn't sound right as I pulled out of the water, I saw what happened when the machine started jumping and hopping the front road wheel sheared all 5 lugs at the same time, and wedged the perma groomer tire between #2 and 3 road wheel. I took a snowmachine ride to town picked up little red some 9/16 nuts and bolts went back out to break track and make repairs the good part is the 9/16 bolts fit in the stud holes nicely and I plan on the same mod to the rear sprocket. there is also a picture of Polmerankies jagernaught that one was built by formoste it now has a 7.3 idi diesel in it and I here it won't go far with out over heating the transmission if trying to pull any weight

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
I will have to load pics again appeared to time out got to run and pull another house off the beach

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
finally got the pics to load. we had the film crew out photo graphing the event. I lost a lot of shots I took I guess I didn't hit the right place on the I phone to take pics.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
try it again

Attachments

• IMG_0277.jpg
    IMG_0277.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0278.jpg
    IMG_0278.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0280.jpg