• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bombardier J5 front differential

Denver

SUPER Site Supporter
What would be the appropriate level of oil at the "filler plug".? the dip stick seems to be after market type and i'm not sure if it indicate the proper level.

I also seem to have a leak at the right sprocket end ( only when running - does not leak when park) i will take the track off and have a look- Am I looking for some type of oul seal within the tube?

Thanks

denver

Attachments

• IMG_20161016_141127.jpg
    IMG_20161016_141127.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 531

Denver

SUPER Site Supporter
bECAUSE OF THE LEAK, IM NOT SURE HOW MUCH OIL I LOST. LOOKING FOR WHAT IS SHOULD LOOK LIKE IF 'FULL"

tHANKS

dENVER

J5 Bombardier

As Snotrac Nome , said around 4 gallons, the dipstick should have a full level with hash marks for reference. The whole diff assembly has an aftermarket Feel to it , Mr Bombardier maybe should have used the complete T 16 Diff assembly ,instead of using the internals.
There are two seals of Mr Bombardier design next the sprocket, only accessible by pulling the complete sprocket assembly off the side of the hull. A parts breakdown for this should be on the site somewhere. Keep the pics coming .
J5 Bombardier:hammer:

Denver

SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks, Will start the tear down in a few weeks. It. Is a J5T. Any advice on how to instal a hydraulic pump direct drive off the crank shaft?

J5 Bombardier

On the 251 dodge flathead , I ran brackets on both sides of the motor to support the pump. A flex coupler was used between the crank and pump, to keep the assembly as short as possible. Space is at a premium. J5 Bombardier