• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hella ST4 reflectors

vintagebike

I'm looking a nice pair of the original reflectors for the rear of my 1958 Snow Trac ST4. They are marked Hella K1288

vintagebike

No, the original reflectors show as "non listed" in the 1963 parts list with a US made K-D part as a substitute. I don't have a parts list for the early 58 friction drive Snow Trac. The lens and the back plate are marked Hella K1288 and are about 82mm.

nwerring

You mean this one? I found the 1958 model rear lights on German ebay.de , but they cost around $130.- each... It's the same lamp as in this photo, but the lens is all red.
I substitute with this one. On german ebay, I search for "oldtimer hella". Usually something interresting comes up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 164

vintagebike

I did buy two of those and the correct small black headlamp housings from Lampendoktor and am also getting the correct k1551/1 lens soon. I still am looking for the correct non-lighted round Hella reflectors. Now to get the tracks reproduced...

nwerring

I did buy two of those and the correct small black headlamp housings from Lampendoktor and am also getting the correct k1551/1 lens soon. I still am looking for the correct non-lighted round Hella reflectors. Now to get the tracks reproduced...

Ahh.. I see. I missunderstood - I was thinking lamps but you ment reflektors. My english is a bit rusty..
Do you have the original light switch? The white one with the little red light in it. Porsche also used that one, and it's got a nasty price tag.

vintagebike

Yes, Lampendoktor sent me a perfect one! At least this Snow Trac will be less to obsessively restore than the 356 Porsches in my distant past. ?

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I will look, I have those (all red) lights on the 58' from AK. there are reflectors there also, I did not take those reflectors off, I have three of the all red light fixtures, and Im pretty sure the reflectors were there as well. they may have got roughed up. I thought they were added. ( aftermarket)

hand slap to head here......

I was super excited to get an extra tail light, from the original owner of my cat. we had a 1/2 day off road excursion to go pick up that light.... after digging around the homestead we also were able to find the orginal motor and tin work.... if you need any of that under hood stuff.....

vintagebike

unobtanuim part

I also need one cleat from a friction drive belt/track. I know , I know. Only in Sweden. I am at least 1/2 Swedish if that helps.?