• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thiokol 2100B -2100C

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
I recently bought a older 2100B and was wondering ,i had a 2100C brochure and it said it had a tilt cab. It appears the 2100B cab doesn't tilt. Is that the only difference between the 2 machines. The one i bought has a 300 c.i. gas engine and 4 speed standard.The good part is it came with a lot of extra parts. thanks. Don

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Thats the same brochure i have for a 2100C, o well maybe someone can tell me the difference, thanks for the heads up. Don

Snowy Rivers

I just picked up a 2100B and it has the tilt cab.. HINGE SHOWN in the piccy at the base of the cab right where the cab meets the tub....

Possibly an option ????

Mine had a 391V8 and the C6 tranny.
Hydraulic (Grease)track adjusters

Attachments

• 2100..7.jpg
    2100..7.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 496
  • 2100..8.JPG
    2100..8.JPG
    194.1 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:

Snowy Rivers

Hmmmmm

Looking at the interior cab shot...the dash stamping that says

THIOKOL
2100?

The control lever that's partially covering the script on the dash makes it tough to see..

THIS BEAST MAY BE A 2100C

Fella told me it was a B

Does not matter to me...

Hope this can help in some way

Snowy Rivers

Spent a few minutes searching online and looking at pictures of the various 2100 packers

I did not find any with the hinge showing on the cab

Possibly the C saw the addition of the tilt cab ?????

Info is skimpy on these beasts

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
The pictures above look like like a lot more modern machine. My machine has no hinge. The serial number on mine is #385 according to what is written in the manual. I haven't got the machine home yet,sometime this week . thanks. Don

Snowy Rivers

When I get mine home and off the trailer I will see if I can find the ID plate.

The blade is laying across the axles down the left side and I did not crawl into the cab...and I am not going to use the cab anyway, I had not given it a thought....

Also I did not get anything more than a bill of sale on the machine, so there was no documentation ...."Cat Scraps" was all we got

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
The good thing about the one i bought is the whole chassis and blade have been narrowed up to groom snowmobile trails. The tracks are 8'8" wide the blade 9" makes it a bit easier to move.I intend to use it to haul my gathering tank when im making maple syrup. Don

Snowy Rivers

Sounds like fun..

Mine is getting narrowed up to 66" tire C/L to tire C/L

102" MAX width.

A lot of cutting...

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
I think thats what mine is also,uses the spryte axle tubes. You just end up with a 2 belt track. most of my sap gathering is on flat ground with a 300 gallon tank. Sometimes we have snow,sometimes we have mud !!!:smile:

vintagebike

The new Thiokol 2100 club?

Looks like 2100s are popping up like Snow Flowers. Ours in McCall, the x- Brundage cat "Streak".9D4F3FE6-FE20-4AB2-9D4B-4D61BEE86EDC.jpeg
CA94E0D8-BAB6-4D33-AFAA-9DDD1C2156C0.jpg

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
So it looks like red Thiokol is the way to go. I sold both of my Tuckers and got on the band wagon. Starting out slow this time.

Attachments

• Imp.jpg
    Imp.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 296

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Not you to Scott !!!!! i can't believe you sold any tuckers!:smileywac neither of my old tuckers would haul a sap tank. I did start them up last week. We are finally getting some snow so maybe i will get the tuckers rolling again. The thiokols are definately a better marginal snow,dirt then the old steel pontoon tuckers.:smile: Don

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
Scott, I see the Thiokols as being Orange! Could be all the orange kool- aid i have been drinking ! Headed your way to pick up the 2 tuckers, i will take very good care of them. See you soon !:clap:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I have an early b model the cab doesn't tilt, it would take a lot of work to make it that way if I ever removed the cab I might re configure to tilt the wiring harness and hydraulic lines would have to be relocated to make this work.

Snowy Rivers

Was the Tilt cab an option??? or was it a modification added to later units ???

I have sorted through a lot of pictures of 2100's and have not seen a tilt cab.

As I posted earlier, I have not put eyes on the ID tags on my Packer.... but other folks have mentioned that it looks like a later model.

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Don, Then i assume the differance between the B and C models is the tilt cab and relocation of the controls to allow it. I know when i used to work on the 3700's they all had a tilt cab, ,wiring ,and hydraulics all were on the right hand side to allow the cab to tilt. Thanks. Don

olympicorange

The good thing about the one i bought is the whole chassis and blade have been narrowed up to groom snowmobile trails. The tracks are 8'8" wide the blade 9" makes it a bit easier to move.I intend to use it to haul my gathering tank when im making maple syrup. Don

…… hello Don,.. sounds like a fun unit,... hopefully you'll have it at the show next week,... hope the snow & sun gods shine down on exit 29 for the weekend,... :thumbup:

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Bruce, We may be going to pick it up tomorrow, probably drop it off at dirt designs. depends on weather. Don

Snowy Rivers

There is a lot of potential in the 2100's

If you do not mind some serious mods to get them narrowed up so you can haul them...

Anything 102" wide or under and you're set..

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Mine being 9' wide on the blade all we have to do is put a wide load sign on the machine , and towing vehicle dont need any special permits.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mine being 9' wide on the blade all we have to do is put a wide load sign on the machine , and towing vehicle dont need any special permits.

in Washington state if chains are required all oversize loads permits are cancellled

Snowy Rivers

That right there makes towing a Cat troublesome.

At 8'-6" (102") you don't need to worry about such stuff.

Except common sense ....

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Well it is a lot easier then the 155 komatsu or d9 or 275 michigan loader i used to have moved !!!!:smile:14'4" with 2 pilot cars. i guess it depends which state you live in. We can just move down the road with wide load banners up to 10'6" without any other permits.If it is snowing we cant move anything oversize,or holidays.

Snowy Rivers

Oregon is similar.

I was in heavy trucking from 1991 to 2012.

Ran a heavy haul transfer (Slam bang)

I never had to deal with width stuff..... just ran an annual permit for running 105,500 on 8 axles

But what you mentioned sounds about right

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Going to get mine tomorrow,will try and post pictures after i get it up north! i will have to bribe my wife to do that!!:smileywac or maybe trailbuilder will take a few of the move. Seems like i got to get a bunch of stuff moved before next weekend,tuckers,lombard, and tucker trailer.:smile::smile:

Newbie here, just made a deal for a 2100b myself, thought I’d post pics to help with the tilt cab question. Not sure what year mine is, but definitely a tilt cab. Hinges on passenger side and handles on the driver side with a scissor latch behind the cab... looks like one bolt on the driver side user the hood holds it down - I’d imagine one to be at the back but haven’t looked yet. Hoping to get it running this week.

Attachments

• DFBD5AF9-3186-400B-B07A-D58C7F35F69B.jpg
    DFBD5AF9-3186-400B-B07A-D58C7F35F69B.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 360
  • F4899047-9A50-40C3-9639-9F05F7501ACB.jpg
    F4899047-9A50-40C3-9639-9F05F7501ACB.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 273
  • F1EC4F88-DEC9-472E-A711-37024C16982D.jpg
    F1EC4F88-DEC9-472E-A711-37024C16982D.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 287

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
I see that one does have a hinged cab. Is it a late machine ? mines a 71. Maybe the hinge was a option with a automatic transmission. I know it would be a PITA with a standard and clutch pedal to hinge it. Is that machine a diesel? thought it might be with that muffler setup. Don't look to be in bad shape,good luck.