• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The Amazon Effect...

Bamby

The Amazon Effect: The 800-Pound Gorilla in the Room That Has Even Walmart and Target Scared

Online retail is changing the industry landscape for Americans looking to cut expenses: not all will survive

In an impoverished economy, in which consumers cannot control wages, the only thing they can control is expenses, notes Davidowitz. The impact? The swelling e-commerce behemoth threatens to swallow up brick and mortar, and a new trend is hitting the streets: smaller stores, greater productivity and.. an online presence; malls and big boxes transitioning into kiosks – even industry titan Walmart is rethinking the superstore. Retail is moving from suburbia to the urban scene, Davidowitz says, and the impact will be sweeping: survivors may be fewer than expected.

Source: Financial Sense

I know with certainty that "I'm Guilty" of doing everything within my power to stretch my earning as far as possible myself. One does have to wonder if retail will survive as we know it.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
This has been a issue for some years now,the only way to stop it is to use your local suppliers as often as possible,but sadly the purse strings are under great strain these days and small local family friendly shops are soon to be a thing of the past:sad: