• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Physio. Then drove across the city to bring the missus her work ID she forgot. Stopped and picked up some toys n treats for the puppies. Picked up some abs glue for a small project I made for the lovely missus.

She enjoys sitting doing cross stitch in the evening so I made her a small stand for it when she's sitting in the recliner.
6e96c68aa7457bbbbffbf553d23c6291.jpg
2262f67dc05aacafde62377c0e686356.jpg

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Physio. Then drove across the city to bring the missus her work ID she forgot. Stopped and picked up some toys n treats for the puppies. Picked up some abs glue for a small project I made for the lovely missus.

She enjoys sitting doing cross stitch in the evening so I made her a small stand for it when she's sitting in the recliner]

:thumb: for taking care of the missus!

Another :thumb: for the puppy treats and toys!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Never did make it into the dam state park for pics.
The entrance was blocked off.
Lots of gawkers tho!

Here is an idea of the flooding situation.
The north side of the property, the high water from a field just beyond the wooded area behind.
Looks like we're gonna have 2 ponds for a while.
I am learning to resize my pics from something found in the apps on this phone.

The kids are being little demons, and I got dinner cooking.
:smile:

Attachments

• 20180220_173227.jpg
    20180220_173227.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 73

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Floods all over here also. Ohio River flooded and cut off most of our ways out. Thankfully we have one road atop a ridge that never floods. But it's miles out of the way.

No matter, with the good weather today we loaded up the Honda Pioneer 1000 and headed down to the Hatfield an McCoy trails in southern WV. What a fun time. The trails are challenging and fun fun fun. Great way to spend an 80 degree day. Of course there was mud, but I was surprised by how well most of the trails had drained off most of the rain. I got as much mud on the Pioneer running around here at home checking on the floodwaters as I got down at Hatfield an McCoy trails. If any of the pics came out I'll start a thread tomorrow and share them.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Geez doc. You're making me miss the moto even more. I did visit it last week though. It's covered at camp with a foot of snow covering it. I didn't plan on using it this winter so it's stored with the battery out till end of March at the earliest.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
News of the day around here: apparently some kid at the middle school in Celina posted threatening images or posts on social media.
Not real sure about all the details.
What the heck is going on? ?

FedEx guy delivered a shortwave radio that Ty found on eBay, it's an older model with lots of dials. His new toy !
We've been instructed not to open it until he gets home this evening lol

Other than that, break in the rain coming.
Maybe I'll take that walk over to the park today and take some pics of the mighty Maumee about to roll out of its banks.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
No appointments for me so I opted for round 2 of the exhaust manifold on the f150. I had it changed at the dealership 8 months ago and it's cracked again. That's one of the common problems on ford with the 5.4l engine. Hopefully this one is better. It came with a lifetime warranty and is supposed to be reinforced where they are prone to cracking.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Ty came home to grab some lunch, and opened the "vintage" radio lol
He said it needs a side speaker or something.
It came from Vermont.
So here it is and Mommy had to go out and snap his truck and him leaving again.:yum:

Attachments

• 20180221_123816.jpg
    20180221_123816.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 20180221_123859.jpg
    20180221_123859.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 68

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter

Attachments

• 20180221_124452-758x707.jpg
    20180221_124452-758x707.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 20180221_124805-768x459.jpg
    20180221_124805-768x459.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 70

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Ty came home to grab some lunch, and opened the "vintage" radio lol
He said it needs a side speaker or something.
It came from Vermont.
So here it is and Mommy had to go out and snap his truck and him leaving again.:yum:

I remember those. Friend had one but never had one myself. Back then I had a Hammarlund HQ100 for shortwave listening and a National NC303 for the ham station.

He’ll enjoy that. Lots of stuff to listen to. It does need an external speaker. Not enough room in the cabinet for an internal one.

Jim

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
No appointments for me so I opted for round 2 of the exhaust manifold on the f150. I had it changed at the dealership 8 months ago and it's cracked again. That's one of the common problems on ford with the 5.4l engine. Hopefully this one is better. It came with a lifetime warranty and is supposed to be reinforced where they are prone to cracking.
Whata difference! I can hear myself think again while I'm driving. It sounded almost like it had a set of straight pipes before.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
So sonny boy came home to have dinner and immediately went to the basement and brought up 2 old speakers and a piece of ladder line.
Half an hour later we're listening to Radio China, and some goon outta North Carolina on side band rant and rage against Trump.:yum:
Need to resize the pics.

20180221_205451.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Ali woke up sick, I am nurse and Nana in charge.
Told her to go back to bed and close the door.
I got this. :smile:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Lol.

Got all 6 kids off to school. Heading to physio soon. Then a trip uptown to shop for a birthday present. Two of the kids have birthdays this week. Separate days though. Only 2 months in and we have 3 birthdays almost out of the way. The next is April then September and lastly December.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Today's goals: Shower >>> put on pants >>> get a haircut

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Got a few saw chains to do for neighbors . Then at 2:30 ,it’s time to pick up the new truck . Other than that , it’s watch it rain all day .

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Got a few saw chains to do for neighbors . Then at 2:30 ,it’s time to pick up the new truck . Other than that , it’s watch it rain all day .

Picked up the Tundra . Gonna take a while to figure out how all the gizmos work on this thing . The owners manual is 670+ pages . The manual on the radio/nav /blue tooth functions isn’t a whole lot smaller . But, I’m glad that I decided on this truck . Drives well , makes decent power ,and is comfortable .

Well Doc , I swear these pics come out right everywhere else .
Can you help me out here ? ? ?

Attachments

• 32CE0E5E-951F-4E68-BDFF-70AAFD09E954.jpg
    32CE0E5E-951F-4E68-BDFF-70AAFD09E954.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 71
  • 9122FA9F-2807-4BBC-A26B-A6B18CB120B6.jpg
    9122FA9F-2807-4BBC-A26B-A6B18CB120B6.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 68
  • 6F57630E-7DB8-4158-9807-8D76FE98F68E.jpg
    6F57630E-7DB8-4158-9807-8D76FE98F68E.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 63
  • F0130F43-8060-46D8-B639-95367283B4ED.jpg
    F0130F43-8060-46D8-B639-95367283B4ED.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 69

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Picked up the Tundra . Gonna take a while to figure out how all the gizmos work on this thing . The owners manual is 670+ pages . The manual on the radio/nav /blue tooth functions isn’t a whole lot smaller . But, I’m glad that I decided on this truck . Drives well , makes decent power ,and is comfortable .

Well Doc , I swear these pics come out right everywhere else .
Can you help me out here ? ? ?

Nice truck!

Let me try. I tried to flip them so I hope they come out right side up instead of your truck hanging on the ceiling! :yum:

Attachments

• F67A7BA0-349E-4145-A5EA-82960639D210.jpeg
    F67A7BA0-349E-4145-A5EA-82960639D210.jpeg
    412.6 KB · Views: 74
  • F2DE50D2-0425-4A11-BD22-9EDB498B2990.jpeg
    F2DE50D2-0425-4A11-BD22-9EDB498B2990.jpeg
    263.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 4E3E1949-B27B-42C8-871E-D21BC4966070.jpeg
    4E3E1949-B27B-42C8-871E-D21BC4966070.jpeg
    236.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 001AF068-FDB3-4DEB-829B-F5DDA07A93D5.jpeg
    001AF068-FDB3-4DEB-829B-F5DDA07A93D5.jpeg
    385.2 KB · Views: 67

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice truck John. :thumb:
I had a pic do that to me just yesterday. I showed right side up but when posted it flipped. No clue why it's doing that to some pics. Thx for fixing these Jim. :tiphat:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh! Nice truck John?
I don't know, sometimes if I make a slight edit to a pic size, it seems to post right side up.

Sheesh, it's been a little wild here today.
Had to get on the older of the two granddaughters.
She shoved the youngest out of her way.
Yikes, the wrath of Nana lol
Made her sit on a chair with no tv for a while.
Soon as Ty gets home she said "Daddy, I was bad".

Ali is still feeling like crap but managed to eat a little dinner.
The kiddos are in bed, Ty is eating some of the KFC I ran to town for and playing around with the radio.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Jim , thanks ! It’s strange in that the pics post upright elsewhere . At any rate ,I think I may have figured out how to edit the pics in future . If all my post come out n a foreign language ,or the pics come out inside out ,you will know that I have failed miserably at ipad 101 .

Angel face . I don’t really know you . But, if you really start to believe that you can’t beat something ,it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy . We’re all subject to failure . You just have to grit your teeth and fight back . Hang in there ,no matter how daunting things seem .
All the best to you ,John

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like I'll be clearing snow today, tomorrow, and sunday. Nice truck nixon. I'm still debating between an f150 and the tundra when I get a new truck hopefully next year.

Angelface. Keep your chin up. Don't let yourself get drawn into a life of addictions. I know it's easier said than done. Just don't give up. Your children need you.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like I'll be clearing snow today, tomorrow, and sunday. Nice truck nixon. I'm still debating between an f150 and the tundra when I get a new truck hopefully next year.

I looked at Ford ,GM ,Ram ,Nissan ,and Honda .
Toyota was more willing to deal . It really was between the F150 and the Tundra . Ford is really proud of their stuff ,and the price reflects it . Also ,I wasn’t really sold on some of their mpg claims . To me an engine that small (2.7 and 3.5 litres) with twin blowers will make a lot of power . But it’s also going to have to work hard in anything a heavy and none aerodynamic as a pick up .
Just an opinion coming from a guy that can’t even post pics ,so........

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I looked at Ford ,GM ,Ram ,Nissan ,and Honda .
Toyota was more willing to deal . It really was between the F150 and the Tundra . Ford is really proud of their stuff ,and the price reflects it . Also ,I wasn’t really sold on some of their mpg claims . To me an engine that small (2.7 and 3.5 litres) with twin blowers will make a lot of power . But it’s also going to have to work hard in anything a heavy and none aerodynamic as a pick up .
Just an opinion coming from a guy that can’t even post pics ,so........
Yes. That's my fear with the 3.5l f150. My brother has one and has no problem hauling my old camper. It's 31ft and 6500lbs dry so probably around 7500lbs loaded with water food clothes etc. I'd be worried about those turbos failing just after the warranty is up. I'm thinking that if I do get the tundra it'll be the double cab and not the full crew cab as I need the longer 6.5ft box for the truck camper. Besides, I rarely have more than a couple kids in the truck. When we go anywhere together as a family it's in the Yukon.

Status
Not open for further replies.