• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Are Any Businesses To Big To Fail?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Are Any Businesses To Big To Fail?

So many businesses are going to be in trouble when we get to the other side of the corona virus outbreak. Do you subsidize any of them? If so, how do you decided?

Should it be survival of the fittest? The 2 Trillion dollar bail out package is scary and then to consider bailing out this business and that business makes my head spin.

How do you think it should be handled?

Bamby

Personally I think it's going to be difficult finding a true honest answer to your question. So many businesses are now socialized in the fact that so many people have invested in them in stocks alone. Many are going to protest loudly if their particular investment is allow to fall and someone else's is propped up.

Personally I feel they need to find their own way or fail but millions with vested interests and stockholders will be frantic for a bailout to preserve their wealth.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Lots of big businesses that one time were viewed in this vein failed. We survived.

I'll name a few.

Pan Am
Bethlehem Steel
Polaroid
Woolworth's