• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Spain Is Removing Respirators From Patients Over 65 And Giving Them Sedatives

Bamby

They are removing respirators from patients over 65 in Spain and giving them to younger patients. Seniors are then given sedatives so they don’t suffer.

twitter

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Exactly the situation all the lock downs are hoping to prevent. I've seen stories of teenagers videoing themselves coughing directly onto fresh produce in grocery stores. Kids will be kids but this is outrageous.

Bamby

Exactly the situation all the lock downs are hoping to prevent. I've seen stories of teenagers videoing themselves coughing directly onto fresh produce in grocery stores. Kids will be kids but this is outrageous.

Well what else can we expect.. As soon as you sent a child off to school they're integrated into the system. Kids are told to report their parents to authorities if their parents attempt to correct their behavior. In a way the system is empowering the children at the expense of everyone.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
The left's vision for America. The belief that Gov't can run things better than the private sector.

Of course, I have my doubts the left really down deep inside believe this. It is just their excuse to obtain more power over the masses.

Thus we have Spain.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
ITALY HAS THE SAME POLICY FOR ANYONE OVER 80 YEARS OF AGE.
It's called Euthanasia
Let's not do this guys

Whatever it takes, we are better than this.

Bannedjoe

I guess if your system has scheduled you to die, there's probably a lot worse ways to go than a morphine drip.:bolt:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
ITALY HAS THE SAME POLICY FOR ANYONE OVER 80 YEARS OF AGE.
It's called Euthanasia
Let's not do this guys

Whatever it takes, we are better than this.

Not when times are bad. It's called triage and tough choices need to be made. Why spend the resources keeping an 80 year old alive when they are probably going to die of something else within a short period of time when those resources could keep an otherwise healthy 40 year old alive.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Not when times are bad. It's called triage and tough choices need to be made. Why spend the resources keeping an 80 year old alive when they are probably going to die of something else within a short period of time when those resources could keep an otherwise healthy 40 year old alive.

All lives are precious. Even old folks. Let us never go there.

I understand triage. I worked as a paramedic/ firefighter for years. On scene we had to decide who to save and who was beyond saving. Tough to do.

It's no excuse to let it happen here and now.

The steps we are taking to flatten the curve, and get manufacturing up and running on critical components, should mitigate the problem here in the USA. Thank our leadership team for acting fast and effectively to get ahead of the catastrophe.

Thank our Medical system for stepping up beyond heroic to prevent the need for such draconian measures.

Thank God they were not of a mind not to settle for the triage excuse. We shouldn't either.

Jus' Sayin'

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
All lives are precious. Even old folks. Let us never go there.

I understand triage. I worked as a paramedic/ firefighter for years. On scene we had to decide who to save and who was beyond saving. Tough to do.

It's no excuse to let it happen here and now.

The steps we are taking to flatten the curve, and get manufacturing up and running on critical components, should mitigate the problem here in the USA. Thank our leadership team for acting fast and effectively to get ahead of the catastrophe.

Thank our Medical system for stepping up beyond heroic to prevent the need for such draconian measures.

Thank God they were not of a mind not to settle for the triage excuse. We shouldn't either.

Jus' Sayin'

No point in spending all this money to flatten the curve, when some board can make the decision to decide how many shall die to artifically flatten it.

I agree with you Franc. We can't have it both ways.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Just a reminder, Triage is about deciding who's treatment is the most urgent, not who shall be left to die.

We have the capability to prevent such draconian brutality. I know many Americans are, sadly, comfortable with killing our young in the womb. But,,,;We should never get used to euthanasia.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Just a reminder, Triage is about deciding who's treatment is the most urgent, not who shall be left to die.

We have the capability to prevent such draconian brutality. I know many Americans are, sadly, comfortable with killing our young in the womb. But,,,;We should never get used to euthanasia.

I have always been highly critical of the way Europeans do their business and conduct their affairs for many, many reasons, but no need to get into that now.

Suffice to say, yes, we are better than that. We are a cut above and always have been. That is why the rest of the world always, always comes to us to get their tits out of a wringer.

The Bible states in Genesis 1,2 that mankind was created in the image of God as God's highest creation. This implies that all human life is sacred. Just because someone is old and no longer contribute to society the way they did in their younger years does not mean their lives are not sacred.

BTW, this applies to the womb as well.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
As long as we get to leverage our military resources then we will be in a much better place than any other country in the world. Our military has the ability to stand-up a vast amount of medical care facilities in a short period of time that should help to alleviate the overloading seen in countries with out such resources.

That being said, while I am only in my 50's - if the choice was between me and someone younger of the equivalent health then I would choose to let them have the resources.

I doubt I'll go to the hospital when I get the virus. My wife can drag me there once I am unconscious and near death but I sure as hell am not voluntarily going any where near a hospital these days.

Bamby

What is the real difference between being bedridden in a hospital or at home. Unless they are prescribing something that requires hospitalization to administer I think one is better off at home.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I saw the same thing in the UK's National Health System with my father after his stroke. He was in his late 70s and his recovery was steady but slow. They took him off his physiotherapy because they could make better use of the resources elsewhere. That took a round trip to Scotland to get sorted out.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
They are removing respirators from patients over 65 in Spain and giving them to younger patients. Seniors are then given sedatives so they don’t suffer.

twitter

Discrimination against Senior citizens is okay? I'm sure there would be outrage if it was another class of people!