• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

guitar pickup

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Anyone out there have a recomendation for where to get vintage guitar pickups? I have a mid 1960's Mosrite guitar, with a dead lead pickup. I could buy a new pickup, but would like to find a vintage one, or find someone who can rewind old pickups...

Fret Fodder

I'm not second guessing your diagnosis, but are you positive it's in the pickup and not in the pick up selector switch? I have a couple of sources I'll check this evening.

Your Friend,
Fret Fodder

Fret Fodder

Here are a couple places that might be able to help with rewinding vintage pickups. I admit I've never used them, and I couldn't find any information for them on the web. I took these from some older (8 years ago) Vintage Guitar Magazines. They may be dead ends, but then again might be worth checking out. Good Luck.

J. M. Rolph
Rewinding Service
"Specializing in Vintage Pickup Rewinding/Magnet Charging"
P.O. Box 259
Melbourne, KY 41059
Phone: 606-781-9334

Players Precision Coil Engineering Company
"Rewinding all types of Guitar-Base-Piano Pickups"
5057 River Rd N
PMB 155
Keizer, OR 97303
Phone: 503-463-1997