• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It works on an ipad or windows computer. Our main issue is a terrible internet connection. On average we get 2-3 mbps download speed. And that's the best we can get out here. If someone farts 10 miles away we get disconnected.

Check your pm’s

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Primed and painted about a linear mile of Cedar siding and some Hardy Board. Mowed the lawn as I waited for the paint to dry.
Finally cleared the back porch of firewood and general crap collected over winter.
Set the compound saw up on a table. Once the siding is done, we start the renovations on the back porch extension. New walls and windows, bumped out from 8 feet to 12 feet from the original house walls. Gonna raise the floor next to the living room which will expand that 13 foot deep space by 8 feet. Then add a front entrance door with vented side lights. Adding 22X 12 feet of new living space.

Our commercial grade refrigerator currently invades the kitchen by 12 inches. So we will be bumping that wall out to accommodate it better.

Project should take about two months to complete. The fun part will be keeping the pets from escaping when we have walls open to the outside.

Herding five cats can be taxing.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Fired up the chain saw and felled some trees and limbed them. Mostly yellow birch and beech.

Nice in the woods today. Mid 50's and sunny. Ideal wood cutting weather. This staying away from people is awesome. I have spent most of my life trying to do that. The best thing about the last month is I have been very successful at it. :th_lmao:

Then hurried home to go for a 2 mile walk with wifey. I think I will turn in early tonite. :smile:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I decided to venture out to the garage this afternoon. Took one quick look at my son's car and decided f it. He's laid off and won't be driving it any time soon so I looked around, saw my snowshoes sitting there from the last scout trip and decided to throw them on and venture out to the back of the property. We've got less than a foot of snow left. I did about 6 acres worth on my small trail system.
bbe2c9499f1ba48310efd4c9aba8c683.jpg
b589f7b910d464e5df4accea2b38fc79.jpg
433ff46678d3d88bec67fce27092cb5f.jpg

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I decided to venture out to the garage this afternoon. Took one quick look at my son's car and decided f it. He's laid off and won't be driving it any time soon so I looked around, saw my snowshoes sitting there from the last scout trip and decided to throw them on and venture out to the back of the property. We've got less than a foot of snow left. I did about 6 acres worth on my small trail system.
bbe2c9499f1ba48310efd4c9aba8c683.jpg
b589f7b910d464e5df4accea2b38fc79.jpg
433ff46678d3d88bec67fce27092cb5f.jpg

Drag that old Jeep Wagoneer out and start rebuilding it. That will give you plenty to do during this pandemic. :th_lmao:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It's +2 and raining. My bones can't handle the dampness so I'm staying inside with my feet up.

Day 2 of homeschooling. The kids have already started on their work.

We've decided to start looking for a second snowmobile for next winter as times are tough(we're alright in that department) and people are started to sell off their "toys" to make ends meet. Good time to pick up another one. So I've been spending my indoor quarantine time browsing local sleds for sale and researching them to see if there's any reported reliability issues from owners etc.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Tractor Supply to get softener salt and dog toys — done, nobody in the store
Bank to make a deposit — done, drive thru, several cars in line
Liquor Store for wine (a lot of it) — done, 1 other customer in the store (8:45am)
Gas station to refill gas cans — self serve

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I have spent most of my 71 years trying to stay away from people. I am not a people person, in case you hadn't noticed. For the past 26 days I have been the most successful in my life. :clap::th_lmao:

I make no apologies for it, it does not bother me one bit.

Up early and hit the woodlot at 7:00 AM right around the crack of dawn. Worked up there for 5 hours and came home. The wife had a Beef Stew in the crock pot and it smelled awesome. :thumbup:

Warm and sunny so we went for a walk. Currently a loaf of homemade bread is on its second rise. Yes, my yeast came in yesterday. :clap:

Life is good. Stay healthy, stay safe and Keep the Faith.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Finally cleared up with the rain stopping this morning. Went up town after eating to make a deposit at the ATM. There is one small shopping center up town, grocery, CVS, auto parts, fast food, hair cutting and a couple sit down restaurants . Everything is open with the parking lot completely full. Im living in the Twilightzone.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
There is one small shopping center up town, grocery, CVS, auto parts, fast food, hair cutting and a couple sit down restaurants . Everything is open with the parking lot completely full. Im living in the Twilightzone.

Be careful, be safe my friend!

Temperature got up over 80°F today. Fixed a flat on the Gator. Went down to the barn and brought up 10 sacks of top soil and started working on the little raised beds in my wife's herb garden. She got 3 tomato plants and a couple of pepper plants when she went by Tractor Supply yesterday. The plants were outside and she never went in the store. It's a start.

I tried to start my bigger tractor but the darned battery is still flat. The charger seems to be acting up. I messed around with it and put it back on charge. If it's okay we may get a little bush hogging done today for a couple of hours. I'm off to check it now.

I'm a lot happier when I can get outside.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The Tractor Supply here is advertising curb side pickup.

Ours just started that too, apparently started this weekend.

But they have the salt outside anyway and I went for softener salt.

Since I was walking in to pay, and had a mask on (as did the cashier) I bought some dog toys and dog treats ... and a bag of beef sticks for me!

But if I need to go back for salt I will do the curbside purchase option. I doubt I need anything else unless this really drags on for more than a few months. I don't expect life to return to "normal" but I think we will see stores begin to reopen with new rules in June/July.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Finally cleared up with the rain stopping this morning. Went up town after eating to make a deposit at the ATM. There is one small shopping center up town, grocery, CVS, auto parts, fast food, hair cutting and a couple sit down restaurants . Everything is open with the parking lot completely full. Im living in the Twilightzone.

That's cool. The bars, restaurants, barbers and other things are still closed here in Iowa.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Waiting for this severe weather to arrive and it is coming. No doubt about it.
The Toledo meteorologist is constantly sending out the warnings.
If the sirens go off over at the park, I'm going in the hall closet.
It's in the center of the apartment.

20200407_105611-615x767.jpg

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Lots of severe weather warnings here also. 45 mins north of me they had some major hail. Sounds like a drum hitting (I saw a video of it) but so far here we are dry. Not a drop of rain nor any winds ...nothing. And that's okay by me.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I was hoping to see the moon tonight but it's been raining all day. Low overcast clouds and fog. Not seeing it tonight. Shame. We've had a telescope we bought years ago but never assembled. I did that yesterday. Was hoping to use it.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Did any of you go out and look at the moon?
:wow:

Yep. Very nice

The wife goes bonkers over the full moon. I'm tired from construction and painting all day. However, once the kids are in bed I imagine I'll have to deal with it.

This honey moon thing is hard on old folks.
:showerSex

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I was hoping to see the moon tonight but it's been raining all day. Low overcast clouds and fog. Not seeing it tonight. Shame. We've had a telescope we bought years ago but never assembled. I did that yesterday. Was hoping to use it.
I didn't get to see it for long because the clouds rolled in.
Two of my aides who work tomorrow were commenting on full moons and dreading working lol
Well this storm is looking to hopefully take a slightly different path and may weaken a bit.
The radar is showing it as ETA around midnight around I80/I90.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yawn. Up at 4:45am. Not by choice. Combination of the back hurting and my guts in knots. No. Not the coronavirus. I've been fighting stomach problems for months and go in cycles where it's fine and I can digest but then I get plugged up for days and can't eat.

Today is morning workout day then I'm dragging my lazy butt to the garage to get some work done.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Siding the bedroom bump out is tedious. I'm re-using the 10" cedar siding from the original build of 1974. Some from the original wall and some from the kitchen wall that will become the sun room interior wall.

Old, brittle and warped with cracks but I have to reuse it because no one has 10" wide stuff anymore. It adds a lot of labor because I have to literally Gorilla Tape the cracked lumber on the backside to make it workable. The bump out is 24" deep so I can salvage much from the scrappy parts.

However, when done it will match the original siding on the other walls, right down to the different colors and layers of paint we have applied over the years.

I'm using Hardie Board for the first course. It looks like the Rough Sawn cedar and makes a more durable bottom course on the wall. Again tedious because you must predrill every hole before nailing to the house.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I was going to pasture mow today but I walked outside this morning and looked at my vehicles. They haven't moved in a month. It's pine pollen time in East Texas and both vehicles were covered in yellow dust. What an eyesore.

So I decided to spend the afternoon washing, waxing and buffing them both and it did take all afternoon but I got it done.

When I finished the Caddy and the truck looked great and I mean GREAT. The sad thing is that it seems that pine pollen time isn't over. I went outside this evening just to check things out and there was already a light dusting of yellow powder over them both. Ah well. At least I might get by with just a hosing down next time. Otherwise it was another wasted day.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Rain & Snow moving in for today and tomorrow. No outdoor work or a walk for today.

I will keep the TV off as well. I am sick of those idiots yapping about the plannedemic.

Status
Not open for further replies.