• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Does anybody know anybody...

Bannedjoe

Don't mean to be morbid, but so many things have come to pass, and I don't know anybody who:

Knew anybody who died at the twin towers.
Knew anybody who had a child killed at Sandy Hook, or any other school shooting for that matter.
And the list goes on.
I don't know anybody who contracted ebola, the swine flu, the bird flu, mad cow, or any of that crap they had us all worried about.

But this thing is kinda far enough along now, does anybody know anybody who actually has this damn virus?

Part of me can't help but think about close encounters with the guys in safety suits and the dead birds and cows.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Twin Towers: yes, died
Covid 19: has it, doing ok, in low risk group

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The virus; yes, possibly.
He's been a member of this forum and I just spoke with him.
He was exposed. Higher risk group.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
The virus? Yes. The mayor of my hometown who was exposed to it when he was at a convention where he met and shook hands with someone who later was diagnosed with coronavirus.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Twin Towers. Yes several who died one who survived.

The Virus? Not that I know of.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
We have a family member who was in the north tower on 911. He works for Port Authority. He survived.

My wife contracted the swine flu.

I have Loafantile Paralysis, aka I'm an old lazy shit.

:smile:

Bamby

It's been historic as to where they never let a crisis go to waste. They'll somehow come out from under any mess with more power over the people.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It's been historic as to where they never let a crisis go to waste. They'll somehow come out from under any mess with more power over the people.

Under normal circumstances I'd agree with you 100% of the time. With Trump, I'm not so sure. We'll have to wait and see on that one.

My S-I-L was Director of Operations for Global Crossing. She was in the Twin Towers the evening before the attack. I think that 14 people who worked for her were killed.

No, I don't personally know anybody who has the coronavirus. There are no reported cases in our county but they are not going to be testing people until they show definite signs of the virus. To me that's dumb as it's 'way too late by that time. You need to catch it early and isolate people before they show symptoms but are still contagious. I guess that we'll just have to sit around and wait and see on that one too.

I've also seen people die of diseases that they don't even have a name for.

deand1

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
No and no. No to all the diseases. But, I know several who have died from cancer, heart attack, stroke, and diabetes.

I was a first responder for 37 years so I saw auto, and motorcycle deaths, falls from high places, a few drownings, and few cave-ins. I even saw a cottonseed mill worker who got eaten by an auger. I saw people shot each other and themselves, hang themselves, OD on pills, drink poison, and one jump off a freeway bridge. The one I see again and again was a family home with kids burned up and the parents drunk outside. I saw 8 people die in a chain reaction auto accident and fuel fire. I saw ordinary firefighters save lives of people who wanted to die. I saw firefighters save the lives of children.

I know I am not normal.