• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Home recording thread.

Bannedjoe

I guess there's some of us here that play, or like myself, used to.

I thought it might be fun for those of us to showcase some stuff after reading Northernrednecks post.

In the past I have played in a band or two, but nothing wildly successful, with a paid gig here and there.
But I found bands to be too complicated with too many wheels, cooks, egos, and the intricacies of relationships.

I started out self taught, with only a couple lessons to get me started.
My folks were raising us all Catholic, and at one point I guess the church realized too many Dad's and their wallets were staying home on Sundays to watch football, so they came up with the Saturday evening mass.
This was a much more casual setting that no one had to dress up for, and hence started the guitar mass thing.

I figured if I was going to have to go to church, I might as well try to enjoy it, so I joined the church guitar group.
That was when things took off for me playing and learning the guitar.

Fast forward many years, and a few attempts at bands, the wife and I opened our BBQ joint.
We installed a stage, and filled it with equipment, including lighting.

About once a month or so I would hire in performers to entertain, and we also had one Saturday every month where a local bluegrass band played regularly.

It was at this time I taught my wife to play bass, and when the moon and stars lined up, and the room was all fed and content, sometimes we would entertain for a short while.

Other times an occasional player would be dining there and wish to perform, and we'd let them. It was all rather fun.

During that time I joined a forum based around home recording and met a fair amount of musicians who would record something, then send the file to someone else to add to.
Sometimes the collaborations became quite involved.

Most of my recordings are now aging 7 plus years, and it's been about that long since I had the desire to even play.

But anyways, here's a place to post up what you got if you feel like it.

The following song I'm sure you know.
My wife played bass, a friend in Ohio added the drums, I did the guitars, vocals and mixing on my computer using a really great studio program called Reaper.

So without further ado:
https://soundcloud.com/bbqjoe/hooked-on-a-feeling-9-8-12-1

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Man, I am totally unmusical and tone deaf. I couldn't even play the recorder at school. That's really sad because I love music and enjoyed your track.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Good track. A compliment coming from a guy (me) who could not carry a tune in a bushel basket.

Bannedjoe

Thanks everyone.

I once had an internet friend named Mike.
We had lots of fun on the net, and spent countless hours on the phone over a number of years.
Turned out we didn't quite like each other so much when we met up in person.
(Long story)

Anyways, I set him up with some recording gear down there in Alabammy way, and we exchanged files on this one.
Mike did the background vocals, but didn't really play on this one, or really any of the stuff we did. He was good at a holding a guitar though!

He had a pretty cool voice, and had some background back in radio work.

I did all the playing, editing, and created the video.
There's many versions of this song out there, here's ours.
Enjoy.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9GwoaN_nks[/ame]