• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

House Fails to override Obama Care

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
President Trump pushed for the vote, and I agree with his call. They had done all the talking it was time to see who would vote for the new house health care bill.

We all know it was not perfect, but, do you think they should have voted for it anyway?
The senate would modify and submit their version and off we'd go.

I honestly do not know if this was a good solution to Obamacare. I do believe that Obamacare will soon implode on itself as the money to support it is lacking.

Will the ones that did not vote for this new plan pay at the ballot box when reelection comes up in a couple years? I doubt it. And I suppose that is how they feel. Understood each has to vote for what they believe is best but with 1/2 of the house simply voting against it because they are democrats sickens me. Republicans are no better. They have done the same in the past. Our representatives are bought and paid for. It sucks. No clue how we can break the stalemate. Any ideas?

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
President Trump pushed for the vote, and I agree with his call. They had done all the talking it was time to see who would vote for the new house health care bill.

We all know it was not perfect, but, do you think they should have voted for it anyway?
The senate would modify and submit their version and off we'd go.

I honestly do not know if this was a good solution to Obamacare. I do believe that Obamacare will soon implode on itself as the money to support it is lacking.

Will the ones that did not vote for this new plan pay at the ballot box when reelection comes up in a couple years? I doubt it. And I suppose that is how they feel. Understood each has to vote for what they believe is best but with 1/2 of the house simply voting against it because they are democrats sickens me. Republicans are no better. They have done the same in the past. Our representatives are bought and paid for. It sucks. No clue how we can break the stalemate. Any ideas?

The Republicans have been "trying" for 7 years to repeal OC and now that they have the chance they refuse to write a replacement that makes sense. All in the effort to make Trump look bad. Turds each and every one of them.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Until the voters vote out the incumbents nothing will change. I'm all in for Trump but I'm still pissed at both sides in the house and senate even before this idiocy occurred.
Mike

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Until the voters vote out the incumbents nothing will change. I'm all in for Trump but I'm still pissed at both sides in the house and senate even before this idiocy occurred.
Mike

That's me. The vote that should have passed is the vote for Ryan to lose his job.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Wow. The twisting and turning.

Trump was all in with Ryan and the establishment on this steaming bucket. The only thing that saved the day was the Freedom Caucus. IE CONSERVATIVES.

Trump really stepped on his dick with this one. It's a major fail that every enemy will exploit for a long time to come.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Trying to understand what happened, this is what I see:

1. Most of the GOP House members ran on a conservative platform of repealing ObamaCare
  2. Paul Ryan and the 'establishment wing' of the GOP excluded the conservative/libertarian wing of the party.
  3. Paul Ryan included most of the components of the original ObamaCare bill and simply modified a fiscally impossible plan
  4. Paul Ryan rushed his plan, which very few people got to read, to a vote. Pretty much the same thing as Pelosi's "We have to pass it to find out what is in it"
  5. Paul Ryan and the 'establishment wing' of the GOP then blamed the fiscally conservative/libertarian members of the GOP for the plans failure despite the fact that they were prevented from providing any input

So while the GOP is totally inept, they had 7 years to write a plan. There were some alternate plans written by conservative members, none of those were ever considered. None of those plans were used as models. None of the components in those plans were incorporated into the Paul Ryan/establishment plan.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Very good synopsis, Bob. You forgot to add one crucial bullet point:

6. Trump was "all in" with Paul Ryan and the 'establishment wing' pushing very hard against the conservative and libertarian factions of the GOP, hoping his cult of personality would pull it through. It didn't.

This tact has damaged him greatly. He will need to work very hard, much harder than before, to overcome this setback.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Paul Ryan = RINO/Democrat

Trump should have stayed out of it and let Ryan hang himself. The sooner he is gone the better. But it is what it is, it will be interesting to see what comes out of it.

I am getting tired of all the airplay that McCain, Graham, and all the other Trump haters are getting - their bias is sooo obvious and obviously serves the leftist media more than anything.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Trump should have stayed out of it and let Ryan hang himself.

I am getting tired of all the airplay that McCain, Graham, and all the other Trump haters are getting - their bias is soon obvious...

Ditto & Ditto

I think Trump jumped in assuming he had a "deal" but didn't read the wind very well and probably was assured by Ryan & the establishment GOP that it was a done deal. I doubt that Trump will make the mistake of trusting an asshat who has never been on his side in the past and clearly is out only for himself.

And McCain & Graham really need to go live in a retirement home for the mentally disturbed.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It thought I heard Trump say that this was only the first of 3 changes he was proposing. The other two were to be phased in over time, to a final plan.

Could it be he was on board with Ryan's plan, only to use it as a stepping stone to what he really wants?

Anyone else hear Trump say his idea would actually take 2 more modifications before it met with his longer term policy goals?

Regards, Kirk

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
You probably have heard the expression "The Genie is out of the bottle?"
Or if this healthcare act is a "Can of Worms" - the worms are out of the can.
Right or wrong some kind of Government healthcare is here to stay. You may not want it but many people do.
Virtually all Democrats and no doubt some Republicans and independent voters want some kind of Government healthcare act..
Since there are slightly more Democrats now than Republicans it's here to stay.
http://www.people-press.org/2016/09/13/2-party-affiliation-among-voters-1992-2016/

Now if it's here, all anyone can do is try to make something better than Obamacare.
Since Obamacare is a piece of steaming dung, how hard can that be?

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
You probably have heard the expression "The Genie is out of the bottle?"
Or if this healthcare act is a "Can of Worms" - the worms are out of the can.
Right or wrong some kind of Government healthcare is here to stay. You may not want it but many people do.
Virtually all Democrats and no doubt some Republicans and independent voters want some kind of Government healthcare act..
Since there are slightly more Democrats now than Republicans it's here to stay.
http://www.people-press.org/2016/09/13/2-party-affiliation-among-voters-1992-2016/

Now if it's here, all anyone can do is try to make something better than Obamacare.
Since Obamacare is a piece of steaming dung, how hard can that be?

If we are going to make a Government paid for healthcare plan work, dramatic cost cutting must be demanded of the Medical industry IMHO.. Lots of cost reductions must be made. I see lots of ivory palaces being built as medical facilities. We have to end that party with our healthcare dollars. I hear neither party saying anything about the sins of the medical community spending dollars like drunken sailors. :glare:

Under Obama care the money came from wealth redistribution, IE just another tax on those of us already paying plenty of taxes. :doh:

And that will not pass muster with the ranks of Republicans who want Obama care gone.

Regards, Kirk

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
If we are going to make a Government paid for healthcare plan work, dramatic cost cutting must be demanded of the Medical industry IMHO.. Lots of cost reductions must be made. I see lots of ivory palaces being built as medical facilities. We have to end that party with our healthcare dollars. I hear neither party saying anything about the sins of the medical community spending dollars like drunken sailors. :glare:

Under Obama care the money came from wealth redistribution, IE just another tax on those of us already paying plenty of taxes. :doh:

And that will not pass muster with the ranks of Republicans who want Obama care gone.

Regards, Kirk

The cost of prescription drugs is also outrageous.

rugerman

I think that Trump saw the Ryan care as a lost cause and wanted to get it out of the way so he could move on and that he will let obama care fail on its own and then a replacement will be easier to do with obama care out of the way and people will be eager for whatever they can get. It also gives him time to invent a better mouse trap for our health care.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Republicans screwed the pooch on this one. They have just proven what a lot of people were saying, they can't govern. I think this vote sealed their fate and will lose the senate in 2018, and possibly the house.

Republicans can't be trusted to keep their word. :furious::furious::furious:

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I agree with a lot of folks who say the repubs had 7 years to come up with a replacement plan. I honestly think Trump's election came as a surprise to them so they had to quickly come up with something and,as we all know, when you get in a hurry mistakes are made.
Mike

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Pretty much only in the USA.
Mike

Yup - my new health plan sends me all the details. For 3 months of my generic BP meds they were billed $590.00 by the pharmacy. This is GENERIC pricing.

Googling around I can buy the same stuff without a prescription from India for $90 + shipping and I have no doubt that it is just as effective.

When I hear those ads on the radio telling people not to buy from overseas pharmacies it makes my blood boil. When I have to pay for my own coverage if I can cut costs by not getting my prescriptions covered then I'm totally buying everything over-seas.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Now Trump is attacking conservatives for stopping RINO-Care, attempting to twist it's blockage into support for the murderers at Planned Parenthood. Shameful. Link

He is also taking this humiliating defeat as a call to suck up to the democRATs. Link

Mr Trump needs to quickly pull his head of his ass and realize that the support of CONSERVATIVES are why he is in office. Not the RINO establishment or the democRAT filth he is sucking up to these days. Prebus needs to go. He is a cancer, infecting Trump with RINO-ism.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Now Trump is attacking conservatives for stopping RINO-Care, attempting to twist it's blockage into support for the murderers at Planned Parenthood. Shameful. Link

He is also taking this humiliating defeat as a call to suck up to the democRATs. Link

Mr Trump needs to quickly pull his head of his ass and realize that the support of CONSERVATIVES are why he is in office. Not the RINO establishment or the democRAT filth he is sucking up to these days. Prebus needs to go. He is a cancer, infecting Trump with RINO-ism.
Sorry AV8R - I don't buy that:
Before the bill was pulled, Trump tweeted at the Freedom Caucus, saying Planned Parenthood funding would continue if they blocked the legislation.
In what way does that support Planned Parent Hood?
Unless the Republicans come up with something to replace Obamacare it's here to stay.
Yes indeed (the so-called) "Freedom Caucus is to blame for blocking it's replacement.
Some kind of Government type healthcare is here to stay. A large number of people want it.
At least half the voters in this nation are Democrats.
HALF - Are you going to honestly tell me that they are all the lunatic liberal fringe?
They are your neighbors and the people you work with.
Since they are at least half, the Republicans MUST work with them. Some like McCain do indeed (I feel) deserve to be labeled "Rinos," others are moderate realists.
As the President of the USA, Trump must be the President of all the people. Not just the hardcore wing of the Republican party.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter

Sorry AV8R - I don't buy that:
Before the bill was pulled, Trump tweeted at the Freedom Caucus, saying Planned Parenthood funding would continue if they blocked the legislation.
In what way does that support Planned Parenthood?
Unless the Republicans come up with something to replace Obamacare it's here to stay.
Yes indeed (the so-called) "Freedom Caucus" is to blame for blocking it's replacement.
Some kind of Government type healthcare is here to stay. A large number of people want it.
At least half the voters in this nation are Democrats.
HALF - Are you going to honestly tell me that they are all the lunatic liberal fringe?
They are your neighbors and the people you work with.
Since they are at least half, the Republicans MUST work with them. Some like McCain do indeed (I feel) deserve to be labeled "Rinos," others are moderate realists.
Do you really think that the hardcore fringe of the Republican party is what got Trump elected? Could be that they voted for him only because they feel that Hillary is a treacherous bitch? As the President of the USA, Trump must be the President of all the people. Not just the hardcore right wing of the Republican party.

By the way your second link just leads to advertisements.

rugerman

Trump said he would repeal or replace Obamacare. He didn't say that it would be in the first 100 days! Give the man time, look at what he has already done. I think , hope, and pray that he will accomplish what he has said he would do. Now he just has to get the folks in his party to help him do that. This country is really hurting from all the give away policies of obama it isn't going to be easy to reverse that because the give me crowd is going to scream bloody murder anytime that they lose one of there free bees, and the main stream media and the bleeding hearts are going to go right along with them. The country can't afford to continue supporting the free loading crowd, the illegals, the welfare cheats, etc. we have to draw a line somewhere and in that somebody is going to get hurt. I feel that it is time to get the give me back free stuff crowd should be the first group to get the ax, they need to learn that there is no free lunch, that you have to get off your ass and do something to survive.