• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Nice Thrift Store Find

Desert Dude

Bumping to hopefully hear more about that jacket later.

I can't even count how many times I've heard these stories before. People that have no idea what they hold in their hands as they toss it away while cleaning out past away relatives houses, etc.

One guy on 'Antiques Road Show' brought in a table from the 16th Century that he sanded down and re-finished to get an appraisal.

He was basically told he'd sanded off about a million dollars worth of original patina, and that it's just scrap wood now. Probably worth about five dollars.

Oops.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Interesting. Bought in 1994 at thrift store. Sold just this month for 139k. All original lables were in tact in the jacket except for who the jacket was awarded to. The Masters Officials would not speculate as to who might have been the original owner of the jacket.

I also hope to hear more on this if the mystery is figured out.