• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Question about buying from Amazon . . .

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
On 1/6/15 I bought a new charger and battery for my Lenovo laptop from Amazon. The Amazon warehouse is in west Phoenix. I live in Phoenix.
I went online to where I could track the package. It looks like it is going to the "seller" (back east) then will come back to Phoenix where I live.
This seems confusing to me.
It did not say that the "package" was being sent from the "seller" to Phoenix. It said the package was being sent from Amazon (Phoenix) to the seller (New Jersey I guess) then back. Just seems confusing to me.
Why didn't Amazon just send the things from their warehouse right to my door?

January 8, 2015, 7:06 pm, Phoenix AZ US Package arrived at a carrier facility January 8, 2015, 7:00 pm, Phoenix AZ US Package has left the carrier facility January 8, 2015, 5:51 pm, Albuquerque NM US Package has left the carrier facility January 8, 2015, 4:43 pm, Albuquerque NM US Package arrived at a carrier facility January 8, 2015, 3:44 pm, Louisville KY US Package has left the carrier facility January 8, 2015, 11:54 am, Louisville KY US Package arrived at a carrier facility January 8, 2015, 10:09 am, Philadelphia PA US Package has left the carrier facility January 7, 2015, 11:07 pm, Philadelphia PA US Package arrived at a carrier facility January 7, 2015, 10:30 pm, Lawnside NJ US Package has left the carrier facility January 7, 2015, 6:22 pm, Lawnside NJ US Package arrived at a carrier facility January 7, 2015, 11:40 am, Middletown DE US Package received by carrier January 7, 2015, 11:42 am, US Package has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
On 1/6/15 I bought a new charger and battery for my Lenovo laptop from Amazon. The Amazon warehouse is in west Phoenix. I live in Phoenix.
I went online to where I could track the package. It looks like it is going to the "seller" (back east) then will come back to Phoenix where I live.
This seems confusing to me.
It did not say that the "package" was being sent from the "seller" to Phoenix. It said the package was being sent from Amazon (Phoenix) to the seller (New Jersey I guess) then back. Just seems confusing to me.
Why didn't Amazon just send the things from their warehouse right to my door?

Whoever was the seller is probably drop shipping it to you. They don't actually have the product you ordered, they ship it from their affiliate.

Kane

Except for my liquor, I buy everything from Amazon ... and use Amazon Prime for free two-day shipping. Two days. Free. Hard to beat.

So yes, I'm a fan of Amazon ... especially Amazon Prime. I leave up to Amazon how to get it to me in two days. Next time, it very well may be dropped onto my porch with a drone.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
The next day I thought that I also could use an extra computer mouse. If I had ordered it from Amazon with the other stuff if would have made made my order eligible for free shipping.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
We also buy a lot from Amazon, but unlike Kane we never sprung for Prime. We usually wait until we have over $35 bucks and do the free shipping thing. Down side with that is at times there seems to be no rhyme or reason to their shipping. We always get our stuff though and that's the main thing.