• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

lmc 1500

spencerhenry

i am relatively new to snow cats, in fact i am still looking for my first one. i am not really that interested in an lmc 1500, but have a question about them. is it correct that the wide track 1500's use an asymetrical track, wider outboard of the tire than inboard? if so can a narrow track 1500 be made into a wide track with a set of wide tracks?
really still looking for a full cab spryte, looked at the one in dillon colorado. needs WAY to much work for what they want. seems like the others i find are a little too nice with the price tag in the too nice category as well. or it is in the right price range but is a narrow track.

spencerhenry

how about another question, on the safety-one spec sheets, when talking about ground pressure, some cats (1200's) are rated at zero penetration, and others (1500's) are listed at full penetration. how do the two machines really compare for flotation?

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I see that the 1200 sheet shows 2 axle widths.

The 1200 has an angle to the back part of the track so it gains more surface area at full penetration. The 1500 has a flatter track profile. A person could use the data given on those sheets and figure track square meters and divide by the weight and guess a little....

Some of the numbers given in some of those spec sheets are a little imaginative, though, at least on Bombardiers.