• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

looking for info on pb-200d

yj junker

looking for some info on a pistenbully 200d,found one locally for sale but would like to have some info on dependability and value befor I dive in head first,yr unknown,190hp mercedes diesel and mercedes cab is all I know about it ,trying to get more info from the seller:whistling:any help would be greatly appreciated,want it mostly for cruising around and grooming up some winter atv trails that the bike clubs useless/broken daily tucker can't get done:smile:

They are very well built machines that will easily go over 10,000hrs if treated right. Like all snowcats, they require proper maintenance and repair to be reliable and also like any hydrostatic driven machine can be expensive to repair if a major component fails. Parts are still fairly easy to get from the dealers. They are wide but can be narrowed by cutting the outside belt(s) off and are very good groomers for their age. You can find them for sale in good condition for $8000-$20,000. If one sold for more than that it would have to have a fresh rebuild on the pump and motors in my opinion.

Without proper maintenance and repairs it will quickly become a useless/broken daily Pisten Bully:smile:

Where are you located?

yj junker

tell you where I am after I check this out :) and thank you for your info,the tucker the bike club has is just old and they are trying to groom rough terrain and with a bunch of operators who really don't know what they are doing,they usually get the 7ft mogal master stuck and are too lazy to unhook before rip tearing to try to get out and breaking it all to he!!

groomertech

what model tucker, it should have no issues with a 7 foot likely a 16-07 pretty light drag and also has a shear bolt the draw bar to protect ur cat.

mtncrawler

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
When the local ski areas were using the Pistenbully's I seem to remember hearing they could be a microswitch nightmare when they were up in hours. Used in the steering I think.

Dr. Zaugg

PB 200's were super cats! If you buy one, on the way home stop and get yourself a GOOD digital volt/OHM meter. To keep these girls going you must have a meter and a manual (which i have some of) It will make keeping your 200 moving a breeze.
Paul

yj junker

sounds like a kenworth truck if you need a meter "Electrical nightmare",still trying to get ahold of the seller to check it out

My first PB200 I bought was a basket case that had been sitting in a guys yard for many years. It had just under 10,000 hrs and he had monkeyed around with the wiring and had totally screwed it up and couldn't get the drive motors to function properly. Lucky for me he had all the manuals and they clearly spell out how to inspect and adjust the electrical components relating to steering and driving. I also rewired the machine back to it's original configuration according to the wiring diagrams and the cat functioned flawlessly. I have put almost two thousand hours on that cat with no electrical nightmares.

I own two PB200s and I bought a PB260 at the end of last season and I am completely satisfied with their construction and performance. Certainly not the right Cat for everyone but if you have serious snow moving chores to tackle then they are hard beat.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
i won't bash pb's because i don't own one nor have i worked on them from what i've seen they seemto bebuilt well an all mechanical hydraulic control system would be nice for reliability but in my mind 20000micro switches are better than ecm

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
i only do that to get in on the fun love to see the steam come out of Big AL'S ears every tind Al replies i see Elmer Fudd steaming. on the other hand with 17 years in the alaska guard i will openly bash th bv206