• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Vintage show in N.H.

We finally got the permits for our vintage snow traveling vehicle show.
It will be Feb 20th from 10:00 to 3:00 at our shop, 73 Laundromat Rd., Thornton, N.H. . Last year we had 20 + vehicles and several hundred people. There is no charge for admission, we are offering rides, and the local Boy Scouts will have food for sale.
I know there is another one the same day but that one is about 3,000 miles away, that's a long trip with a snow cat.
All are welcome, PM me if you have any questions.
last years event

Attachments

• Jan2016 025.jpg
    Jan2016 025.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 601
  • Jan2016 031.jpg
    Jan2016 031.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 591
  • Jan2016 052.jpg
    Jan2016 052.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 602
  • Jan2016 040.jpg
    Jan2016 040.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 694

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
We finally got the permits for our vintage snow traveling vehicle show.
It will be Feb 20th from 10:00 to 3:00 at our shop, 73 Laundromat Rd., Thornton, N.H. . Last year we had 20 + vehicles and several hundred people. There is no charge for admission, we are offering rides, and the local Boy Scouts will have food for sale.
I know there is another one the same day but that one is about 3,000 miles away, that's a long trip with a snow cat.
All are welcome, PM me if you have any questions.
last years event

If I were only closer I would be the first one there :big grin: Very cool more photos later if you can....

I forgot to say that we will be able to go for a ride on the snowmobile trails the next day, the 21st. We will go about 5 miles and have a cookout. Then we can turn around and come back or continue on for another 25 mile loop.
We don't have much snow but the trails are being groomed now and we still have another month to get some more.

sledhead Ed

GOLD Site Supporter
Track addict The way snow is in maine this year around camp I think I'll be cutting the snowmobiling trip with the kids feb. vacation short so my trailer will probably be available if you want to go to the show. I'm pretty sure I'm going. My trailer is 82"-84" tall inside. 84" tall if I take out center dome lights. Beaver tail car hauler Let me know. I'll text or call you too.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Going one way of the other. If the roads are good deck over. I will measure today because a nice indoor ride sounds even better.

You headed up with the Kitten?

sledhead Ed

GOLD Site Supporter
No kitten. I wish I got it done now that we got a little snow. I got a pile of parts collected for it and the motor. Just been debating on a better motor mount set for the datsun motor. I need to finish it so when more show up it don't look so bad with to many projects.

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Im glad we got to move the cats on Saturday,was a bit cooler here yesterday to get old iron moved!! got to go cover up the torpedo and trailer today before our snow tonight. I might even get the skis on the lombard today!!!:biggrin::biggrin:

Yeah -15 F for the last two nights , they may not have started very good. It was only 10 F when we moved them so it is still impressive that they all started.

Tucky1342

Is the show still on for the 20th this month?. Might try to come up and take a look around. I am about 1-1/2 hrs away. If we had better conditions I would bring up my 85 Tucker 1342B. maybe next time once we check out your event.

Thanks,

DR

We have had a few early arrivals. all of these machines live within an 8 mile radius. There are more coming on Saturday.IMG_20160219_162235896_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160219_162313287.jpg

IMG_20160219_162230381_HDR.jpg
We have collected every bit of snow that we could find and spread it out so that we can give rides. Hopefully we get an inch or two of snow tonight to cover up the dirt. This winter blows:sad:

3512b

GOLD Site Supporter
Get Johnson out of bed and go up to water Vill valley and "borrows" a couple of those snow making machines and you can have all the snow you need!
Have a great time and look forward to pictures!

Get Johnson out of bed and go up to water Vill valley and "borrows" a couple of those snow making machines and you can have all the snow you need!
Have a great time and look forward to pictures!
Snow guns were discussed but we decided on snow gathering because we have that kind of equipment. "Johnson"/ logga has been very busy this week keeping me focused on fixing Waterville Valley's old muskeg. If he did not show me how to set up the rear end, I would have pulled it outside.bd2bd2c6a0307edae3b099eda6c965ad.jpg
It's all back together and turns better than it ever has.

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
We got about 3" of snow last night,and still snowing now !!!!!:biggrin: Steve the snow gods are smiling on us a bit . Im pretty sure theres enough for all of us to get around .:biggrin:

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Great day with some fresh snow. Awesome group of people and cats! Will get some pics up this week. Big thanks to the people who made it happen.

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
A good time was had by all,the snow was just enough for the machines to roam in,even the lombard made several trips around. The tucker sled got quite a bit of use giving rides around the loop. Im pretty sure once the dust settles there will be plenty of pictures posted!!:biggrin: Both my little tuckers did real well,except going up one very steep hill the gasoline pickup sucked some air and had to have a bit more fuel added . Don

A few more pics. For some reason I can only up load four pictures at a time:sad:
Dave's 3 series, he said it feels like a sports car compared to his other Tuckers
IMG_20160220_134201163.jpg
Trackaddict's Tucker was kept busy giving rides to people.
IMG_20160220_134301483_HDR.jpg
Our newest cat. It did not sit still for very long all day. It has an automatic so we let a lot of different people drive it.
IMG_20160220_134335326_HDR.jpg
Logga;s other Tucker. It runs really good just like all of his other rigs.
IMG_20160220_143352401_HDR.jpg

OK... now I can only post three Pictures. Too bad you can't just open up the computer like you can with a cat to see whats wrong. There are many times that I have been tempted to use my BFH to fix the computer.
My brothers five ton giving rides as well.
IMG_20160220_114022604.jpg
This guy drove his car 20 miles to see the show and slid right in between the T's
IMG_20160220_134217120.jpg
I think Daves 434 moved the most people. I bet it was over a hundred.
IMG_20160220_134314281.jpg